1Password 8 - couple feature suggestions

Options
Solos
Solos
Community Member

Hi,

Im using 1Password for a long time and have a subscription since it exists. You've made wonderful software and I want to support you and products development :) Said that I have couple of feature requests to make the experience even better:

1. Please add Pinned fields to Quick Access in 1Password for Mac (the feature which was introduced in 1Password 8 for iOS/iPadOS). It's really great. Example use case: my bank sends me encrypted PDF files. When I open such file, I want to be able to open 1Password 8 Quick Access window with keyboard shortcut on my Mac and be able to quickly copy PDF password from pinned field.
  2. Currently I cannot see option to customize sidebar (Categories/Vaults/Tags) in 1Password 8 on macOS. It is possible though in 1Password 8 for iOS/iPadOS. Can you add this feature to macOS version as well?
  3. 1Password Safari extension shall suggest tags from existing ones when I'm trying to input them, the same way like it works in 1Password app. Now I can input tag, but 1Password extension does not suggest existing ones when I start typing.
  4. Would it be possible to add push notifications for Watchtower events (when one of the passwords becomes vulnerable or one of items is closing to expiry etc.)?
  5. It would be great to be able to set custom date when items from vaults appear as Expiring in Watchtower. This is especially important when it comes - for example - to passports. When you go abroad, most countries require passports to be valid at least 6 months from the date of entering/leaving that country. Getting new passport takes about 1 month (at least in Poland). So it would be great to be able to set custom expiry condition for passport e.g. 7 months from documents expiry date which is input in 1Passpord field. Then 7 months before passport is expired, it goes to Watchtower and 1Passport sends push notification.

Best regards,
Michal

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS 12.5
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Solos
    Solos
    Community Member
    Options

Hey 1Password Team. Did you read my post? Any thoughts? 😃

• Hi @Solos,

Apologies for the late reply. Thanks for the reminder nudge and all your kind words! 😊

I'm happy to share that all your suggestions have been filed in our internal tracker. The context and examples are much appreciated! I suspect you're already aware but, just in case, I'd like to share that it's possible to hide Categories and Tags from the the left sidebar of the 1Password 8 for Mac app:

I understand this isn't as much customization as you (or I) would ideally like to see, but maybe it'll help in the meantime.

Thanks again for taking the time to share this detailed feedback, we wouldn't be where we are today without users like you!

ref: IDEA-I-1591
    ref: IDEA-I-1079
    ref: IDEA-I-1717
    ref: IDEA-I-1305
    ref: IDEA-I-551

• Solos
    Solos
    Community Member
    Options

Great to hear that Andrew. I'm really looking forward to those functionalities in 1Password.

I really love your app. Let's make it even better 😃

• Indeed @Solos. Thanks for being part of the family.

This discussion has been closed.