1Password 8 IOS disaster

Options
dwsdolce
dwsdolce
Community Member

1Password 8 for IOS is a disaster and unusable. The lack of support for tags aka 1Password 7 means I can no longer find any passwords based on nested tags. Everything becomes flat (again). This is what made 1Password 7 unusable when it was first introduced. You have done it again. Please also do the fix again so that it becomes usable. Until then I have removed it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• mburnett
    mburnett
    Community Member
    Options

Yep. So many steps backwards…

• frosty
    frosty
    Community Member
    Options

I'm a little relieved to see that I'm not the only one dissatisfied with these changes. But only because that indicates that I'm not just being cranky.

But it's disappointing nonetheless.

• john1027
    john1027
    Community Member
    Options

In addition, there seems to be a lot of silence from the development team. It would be nice to see some sort of acknowledgment of the identified issues and what is being done or considered to fix them.

• stephen_lee
    stephen_lee
    Community Member
    Options

I have a different gripe about 1Password 8 which is the removal of standalone vaults. It has been a long running bugbear for me that the 1Password team want me to use my full length master password to access every instance of 1Password that I have. I understand that it makes sense to have a very long and complex password to access my 1Password account details online. However, it should logically be my decision to choose to have a shorter password on a device which is already itself protected by faceid etc etc. With 1Password 7 if you set up a standalone vault then this local vault password is then used to access the whole of 1Password and this worked well for me even though I keep all my passwords in vaults that are linked to my family account.

Hopefully the 1Password team will keep maintaining 1Password 7 on iOS for a while so that I don't have to upgrade. Just very glad that I didn't get as far a deleting the 1Password 7 app from my phones and ipads.

• DearlG
    DearlG
    Community Member
    Options

Hate it when the testing and troubleshooting is relegated to users when a version is “updated and improved “ We’re finding and reporting issues and bugs that testing team should be responsible for. Baffles me that even the most basic testing was minimal.

• Hi folks:

Thanks for your feedback.

@stephen_lee:

We don't want to put anyone in the position of forgetting their account password. 1Password 7's unlock behavior (which changed based on whether or not you had a standalone Primary vault, as well as which 1Password account was added to the app first) resulted in inconsistent behavior that could be different between devices. Many customers reached out to us forgetting their account password because they had been using a Primary vault which skipped their account password.

@dwsdolce:

I've added your thoughts on nested tags to an issue we have tracking this internally.

ref: dev/core/core#14264

Jack

This discussion has been closed.