1pw7 along 1pw8 ( autofill)

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

I have 1pw7 and 1pw8 alongside for a short time on 2 ipads
What 1pw icon should be marked for autofill settings. See image
The 1 pw icons are different and on one ipad the biggest icon belongs to 1pw7 and on the other the same sized icon belongs to 1pw8
Does it make any difference what icon of 1pw should be selected.?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @F_9083x:

The dark mode icon is 1Password 7, the other icon is 1Password 8. We'd recommend using 1Password 8 to fill if you have both 1Password 7 and 1Password 8 installed.

Jack

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack,
    On my new ipad I have 1p7 and 1pw8. When I tick the light icon (that should belong to 1pw8) it
    shows shows briefly the settings from the autofill settings of 1p7.
    When I tick the dark icon the autofill settings of 1pw8 are shown)
    I will select the light icon but doubt whether I am connected to 1pw8 autofill. Can you shine a light on this💡?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

This images shows the settingsmenu by 1password when ticking the light icon.
    The settings are the same as in 1pw7 (autofill).

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P Can you please react and continue our conversation 🙋🏼‍♂️

• Hi @F_9083x:

We've updated 1Password 7 for iOS to change the app title to 1Password 7, rather than just 1Password. In your second screenshot, that appears to be 1Password 7 you've circled, rather than 1Password 8.

Let me know if you're seeing "1Password 7" and "1Password" now in the AutoFill Settings.

Jack

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack, thanks for answering. In the settings under ios passwords I don’t see a difference between 1pw7 or 1pw8.
    Both icons are called 1password. As you can see in the image I changed the icon marked again by a blue wing.

****I hope autofill is now set to 1pw8****. By the way is the worst thing that can happen if you choose the wrong one (1pw7)?

(Anyway I am about to delete 1pw if I am satisfied with 1pw8)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@ @Jack.P_1P ,
    Can you answer please?

• bernieo
    bernieo
    Community Member
    Options

1Password v8 is the darker icon (#8 above), so you have the correct one checked.

I have both v7 and v8 running on my iPhone without issues.... so far :).

• Hi @F_9083x:

My apologies for the delay. As @bernieo noted (thanks for the assist), the one you have selected is 1Password 8.

Jack

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks both Bernieo and Jack for the confirmatation ..but what could happen if I choose the 1pw7 icon in stead of the 1pw8 as I did beforeJust curious.🤔

• Hey @F_9083x:

That would result in 1Password 7 being the AutoFill provider for filling passwords, rather than 1Password 8. 🙂

Sticking with 1Password 8 would be your best bet now.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.