1Pwd8: Open & Fill function does not work?

Options
CraigT45
CraigT45
Community Member

After I transitioned from 1Pwd, Ver7 to 1 Pwd, Ver8, the Open and Fill function no longer works. I have to Copy/Paste both the PersonID and the Pwd into the App that I am trying to Open. Example, my Bank App, my Insurance App, etc

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 8.8.0
OS Version: MacOS 11.6.8
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:I transitioned from 7 to 8, now Auto-Fill does not work.

Comments

• gardenburgers
    gardenburgers
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Craig - I have a different OS version than you but have you tried using the function and waiting 10-20 seconds without clicking anything?

For me, it "technically works", but on Safari I'll have to open a sign-in page and wait for a short period of time before the 1P prompts all appear/fill/login.

• CraigT45
    CraigT45
    Community Member
    Options

No...I haven't tried that. So...do the Open/Fill Fx... then just wait on the 'receiving site to see if it populates?

• CraigT45
    CraigT45
    Community Member
    Options

I have gone to Safari, Preferences, Extensions (nothing there) and Advanced.... Nothing appears relavant

• CraigT45
    CraigT45
    Community Member
    Options

I saw an earlier Comment about identifying a 1 Pwd 'extension' Under Safari Preferences... but I can't find it again and there isn't anything about 1Pwd in the Extensions Tab

• Hi @CraigT45,

Sorry to hear 1Password isn't behaving in your browser as expected. Since you mentioned you're using Safari, can you tell me if you see an app called 1Password for Safari in your Mac's applications folder? If not, you can download it here: Get started with 1Password in your browser

If you downloaded it, I'd like you to check your Safari preferences again to see if 1Password for Safari appears under Extensions. If so, go ahead and enable it and try autofill again.

Let me know how this goes, looking forward to resolving this with you!

And thanks for the assist, @gardenburgers, very much appreciated! Are you still seeing a delay when trying to autofill with 1Password? Would love to get that sorted with you too while we're here. 🙂

• gardenburgers
    gardenburgers
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @andrew.l_1P,

Yes I'm still having the same issue - there seems to be high latency with both form fills and even just opening the browser extension popout (takes a while to recognize the site I'm on). I have a couple videos and happy to chat more if interested.

Thanks!

• Thanks for your reply, @gardenburgers, and sorry to hear the issue persists. Could I confirm that you're only seeing this in Safari? If you've tried any other browsers, did they behave the same? Does the 1Password 8 Mac app itself function as expected?

If you haven't already, I'd like you to try the following:

• Double check that both 1Password and Safari are up to date
    • Restart 1Password
    • Restart Safari
    • Restart your computer

If nothing changes after that, please create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here.

Thanks and looking forward to getting 1Password working at full speed for you! 😊

This discussion has been closed.