Autofill issue after removing 1Password7

cromm
cromm
Community Member

So once the official release happened I went and uninstalled the 1Password7 (beta) that I had been using prior to the 8 beta. Suddenly v8 now does not want to fill in most password fields. What I'm finding is that I need to long press the field and then choose Autofill, then I get the 1Password prompt.

So with a bit of trial and error I tested with v7 also installed. As long as I have the Accessibility turned on with v7, then I get automated prompts or selections. v8 doesn't seem to have that option, just Autofill.

1Password Version: 8.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 12
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @cromm, thanks for letting us know about this issue. Apologies for the delay in my reply.

1Password 8 for Android is supported on devices running Android 9 or later. The Autofill features available on these versions of Android are capable of delivering the same features than Accessibility-based filling with less impact on performance and battery life.

Could you let us know if you've seen the behavior you described predominantly when filling in websites, apps or both? I'd also like to ask which browser you use on your device and if you see any change in behavior with Show filling suggestions off (Settings > Autofill). Thanks again!

• cromm
    cromm
    Community Member

Hi,
    I uninstalled v7 again and have started to retest.
    OLG.ca app does not work, have to select autofill before 1Password appears (website using Chrome is fine)
    AirBnB is the same for both
    Facebook App requires Autofill selection

I don't see a section for Autofill on my phone. Under Passwords and autofill I have 1Password selected for AutoFill service

Richard

• Hi @cromm, thanks for sharing those details.

I tested the OLG and AirBnB apps and websites and found similar filling issues. Both websites work as expected for me in Chrome but I saw filling issues with both apps. I've gone ahead and reported both apps to the development team.

The Facebook app also fill as expected for me. Just to confirm, is Autofill working in the Facebook app for you? If not, I'd like to ask you to check if there are any updates available for the app then try filling again.

I don't see a section for Autofill on my phone.

My apologies for not clarifying, that would be setting in 1Password but it sounds like we're seeing similar filling behavior so it may not be necessary.

ref: dev/core/core#16229

• cromm
    cromm
    Community Member

@ag_timothy sorry about that. Retested Facebook and it's filling in the app as expected. Tested both with Show autofill suggestions on and off and it works with both.

• Thanks for the update @cromm. I'm glad to hear filling is working for you with Facebook!

• cromm
    cromm
    Community Member

Just downloaded 8.9 and still having issues with autofill if v7 isn't on the phone. Websites as well as apps. Any timelines for seeing improvements?

• Hi @cromm, I'm sorry to hear that. While I don't have a timeline to share, we are always working to optimize Autofill and resolve issues as they emerge. For example, this weeks beta includes work to detect more password fields and a fix for a serialization error that can occur when filling in some apps. You can find our release notes here: https://releases.1password.com/android/

We've also noticed that on some devices filling requests are timing out and being cancelled by the system. That may not be the case on your device but those effected have reported seeing more consistent filling results with DuckDuckGo or Firefox rather than Chrome. Turning Show Filling Suggestions off has been helpful as well. The development team is aware of this and working to change this behavior.

This discussion has been closed.