1Password 8 on Android 13

Options
ajsmith
ajsmith
Community Member

Hi,
I upgraded to android 13 on my pixel 4a recently, but since then 1Password 8 doesnt seem to autofill properly.
I get as far as choosing which autofill i want and entering my master password/biometrics but after that the screen still seems to have some sort of overlay (effectively greyed out while still seeing the login page) and the only way out of it is to use the "back" button which just goes back to the login screen (of what i want to login to, not 1Password) so i cannot login to anything using autofill.
I use Brave Browser, but assuming this will happen on all chromium based browsers. I dont use autofill in many apps as i use the android biometrics, but the apps i have tried seem to work ok. Any ideas as im assuming this is a brave/chromium settings issue?

This is not the same problem as ive seen here and elsewhere about autofill not even coming up.

1Password Version: 8.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 13
Browser:_ Brave

Comments

• Hello @ajsmith, thanks for joining us on the forum and letting us know about this issue on your device. I haven't come across this before but I would be happy to help look into it.

I get as far as choosing which autofill i want and entering my master password/biometrics but after that the screen still seems to have some sort of overlay

In this situation are you tapping "Open 1Password" or a specific item?

If possible, could you download an Autofill supported non-Chromium browser such as Firefox or DuckDuckGo to check if the same behavior occurs there? I'd also which version of Brave is installed on your device. Thanks again!

• ajsmith
    ajsmith
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_timothy,
    I reinstalled the app again for a second time and it started working in brave, but not apps, now after another day i tested it again on an app and in brave and both appear to be working.

• Thanks for the update @ajsmith, I'm glad to hear things are running more smoothly now. If this, or anything other issues pop up, please let us know. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.