Favorites adding between family members

randomairborne
randomairborne
Community Member

I added some favorites, now my they’re on my parents favorites too. If my mom adds a favorite that I can see the item, it shows up in my favorites as well. Why does this happen? Can I disable it?

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited September 2022

@randomairborne

Favorites are shared between all members of the account. I'll be glad to let the team you would like to see this on per user basis. I'm afraid there is no way to alter the behavior at this time.

ref: IDEA-I-104

• randomairborne
    randomairborne
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply! I’ll let my parents know.

• ag_tommy
    edited September 2022

You're welcome. I hope this is something we can improve on.

ref: IDEA-I-104

• scottgruby
    scottgruby
    Community Member

I'll second the request as this is just an awful experience! My son keeps favoriting things in a shared vault and they appear in my favorites. They may be HIS favorites, but they aren't mine.

• @scottgruby

Thank you for the feedback! I've forwarded your comments to the product team as well. 🙂

-Dave

• TJSD2022
    TJSD2022
    Community Member

This also happens when used with teams in a work environment. Not very useful seeing favorites from 40 or so other folks... I should only see MY favorites.

• @TJSD2022

I see that my colleague Scott replied to you over in the other thread that you posted in. Please continue the conversation there: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/668454/#Comment_668454

-Dave

• KG4ZOW
    KG4ZOW
    Community Member

This is also happening to me. Items in a shared vault which are marked as favourites, end up being "favorites" for everybody who has access to that vault. This is probably my biggest complaint about 1Password (other than the UI overhaul in 1Password 8, and the fact that you can't download 1Password 7 from the iOS App Store anymore).

• mjones72
    mjones72
    Community Member

I agree that this is a weird implementation for a favorite. Just attempt to come over from LastPass and signed up for a family account. Did this for myself and my wife. 3 vaults (mine, us, and family) and wife has her own personal, and the shared us and family accessible as well). I also have one for work items for me I created. Favorites are personal. Maybe you can have shared ones as well, but come on.

• @KG4ZOW and @mjones72

Thank you for the feedback. I've passed it along to the product team. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-30306744
    ref: PB- 30305656

This discussion has been closed.