I just upgraded to 1Pasword8. Now I cannot get the link to my sites to work. How do I fix this?

Options
TobinDawn5
TobinDawn5
Community Member

I downloaded version 8 to my Mac. I logged into it and all my sites and passwords are there, but I cannot get the link to connect to my sites when I try to log into them. I cannot figure out how to reactivate the program. I was happy with version 7, can I just delete the download and automatically reactivate version 7? My. iPhone is still version 7 and I con't want to mess with it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:I just upgraded to 1Pasword8. Now I cannot get the link to my sites to work.

Comments

• BobBarker
    BobBarker
    Community Member
    Options

Join the club.

• Hi @TobinDawn5 and @BobBarker,

Sorry to hear 1Password 8 isn't behaving as expected. I'm glad to hear all your info is visible but would love to get the app working for you in its entirety. Can I confirm what exactly isn't working?

• If you're launching websites from the 1Password 8 for Mac app, do you see websites connected to the login items you're using?
    • If you're using the 1Password browser extension, can you tell me if you see the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar?

A screenshot may also help me better understand the issue:

Be careful not to include any personal information as these discussions are public.

Looking forward to hearing from you both! 🙂

• BobBarker
    BobBarker
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the offer, not interested at moment I am working through the changes which were poorly introduced and, frankly, of minimal value to me since the product which was “updated’ worked perfectly well. Useful changes to the “new, improved” version would include a simple inclusion of “favourites”, working just as it worked before “improvement”.

• TobinDawn5
    TobinDawn5
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hello Andrew.l,
    Sending a couple of photos. I have both the old and new icons. When I open Safari preferences, the first option is to uninstall version 7. If I do this, will it automatically begin using 8 and function properly again, or do I lose all my passwords and have to start over?

• TobinDawn5
    TobinDawn5
    Community Member
    Options

Here is the screen when I go into safari preferences.

• Hi @TobinDawn5:

It looks like you're set with 1Password for Safari in Safari's extension Preferences now. If you navigate to a site where you have a Login, and ensure 1Password is unlocked, do you see something a bit like this?

Let me know!

Jack

• TobinDawn5
    TobinDawn5
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, when going into preferences, it does not give the same options for "all websites" it did with 7. I believe it's because it wants m to uninstall7 first. Can I just remove version 8 and go back to 7? It still works great on my phone and I wasn't unhappy with it. How would I simply uninstall version 8?

• ag_tommy
    edited September 2022
    Options

@TobinDawn5

The option for all sites is not displayed once you click it. In the screenshot you have already done that because the option is no longer available. The yellow banner indicates that the extension can read and alter all sites which is needed to save and fill logins on your behalf.

In your screenshot the 1Password 7 extension is not present. That indicates that it has been uninstalled or it has been zipped up (intended) to prevent accidentally opening it.

• TobinDawn5
    TobinDawn5
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, in response to your suggestion, I still have 1Password 7 on my system which I believe is the problem. I was never able to access the option for all websites in the version 8 app. All that is available is to uninstall version 7. However since neither is working on my Mac, I don't want to screw up my iPhone app because version 7 works fine there. I just want to delete version 8 and stick with 7. How do I delete version 8's install? Thanks!

• @TobinDawn5

Just so you are aware 1Password 7 is only receiving important updates moving forward. That said, here are the steps you would need.

1. Quit 1Password 8 and drag it to the trash. Do not use an app cleaner for this. Manually completing this step will keep your data safe.

2. Double click 1Password 7.app.zip in your Applications folder to expand it. You can then remove the zip file from the Applications folder. * If you have removed 1Password 7 it can be downloaded here. Download 1Password for Mac

3. Open Safari and disable 1Password for Safari and enable the 1Password extension (likely version 7.9.x)

4. Drag 1Password for Safari to the trash.

This discussion has been closed.