1password won't open when I click the icon on my PC

Options
jardimtaylor
jardimtaylor
Community Member

After installing some updates recommended by Windows, my 1Password icon does not open (even to allow me to type in password). It works on my iphone and after installing a new extension on Edge, I can get into it that way, but not if I use chrome. Should I uninstall and reinstall 1 password on my PC? Will that cause me to lose my passwords? I sent an email to 1Password, but have not gotten a response.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Referrer: forum-search:How do I install extensions on my IOS 13 Iphone?

Comments

• Hi @jardimtaylor, I'm sorry to hear that the app currently isn't working for you. If you have received a reply from our team by email, could you copy / paste the ticket ID here so that we can make sure to associate this conversation with your case? It should look something like this format: 👉 [#AAA-00000-000]

Thanks, and we'll look forward to getting this fixed up for you!

• jeberunopass
    jeberunopass
    Community Member
    Options

@PeterG_1P, I had the same problem as @jardimtaylor. The 1Password program wouldn’t execute on my Windows 10 laptop. Even after a couple of restarts of the system.

• Hi @jeberunopass! Likewise, my apologies that you've run into this as well. We'd like to look into this further - was this problem preceded by a Windows update, in your case?

No matter what, we want to make sure that you're able to get up and running quickly. If you can send a short email to support+windows@1Password.com, we'll get to work on understanding the specifics and getting you to a fix. 👍 Please include a link to this discussion, also, so that we know it's you!

• jeberunopass
    jeberunopass
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @PeterG_1P, I just sent an email to the Support Team with this discussion link. I tried to be both detailed and brief in my description of the problem. I look forward to hearing from someone soon. Thanks!

• Thank you @jeberunopass. We'll look forward to digging into this for you! Someone from our team will be in touch over there as soon as we can.

• edwinberk
    edwinberk
    Community Member
    Options

The 1Password icon will no longer open 1Password ever since I installed version 8.8.1. Used to be fine. Now when the icon appears in the boxes for login names and passwords, and I click it, nothing happens. When I click on the extension, half the time nothing happens, the other half the time the full 1Password program opens -- and I can search there to find the login information I need. Tedious. It looks like the comments in this thread are months and months old. But it's a new problem for me.

• Hi @edwinberk,

Thanks for your message and sorry to hear that this is a new problem since updating. It does sound like you're running into a similar situation as mentioned before. Could you please follow suit and send a 1Password diagnostics report via email to support+windows@1Password.com so we can help to investigate? Please do not post these details in the forums.

If you could also include a link to this thread and your forum handle, this will help us to "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.