App unlock animation, autofill suggestions and MIUI specific issue

Options
fermi
fermi
Community Member

1) App unlock animation
Actual:
1. Open 1Password 8, app logo plays "locking" animation
2. Enter master password or use biometric unlock, app logo plays "unlocking" animation
Expected:
1. Open 1Password 8, app logo stays the same
2. Enter master password or use biometric unlock, app logo plays "unlocking" animation

1Password 7 works as expected -- its plays logo animation only once while unlocking. 1Password 8 on Windows works fine too, both of these apps rotate logo clockwise once on unlock attempt. 1Password 8 on Android rotates logo clockwise on app opening and counterclockwise on unlocking. For some reason android app now has two animations and unlocking animation direction differs from another apps. Why did this happen in this version?

2) Autofill suggestions
Actual:
1. Open any site with login form on mobile browser
2. Tap on "Open 1Password" keyboard suggestion
3. 1Password login suggestions for this site appears from bottom of the screen, each suggestion has "kebab menu" icon on the right -- three vertical dots. To open item you have to tap exactly on icon, its almost impossible to do with your thumb, you have to precisely tap this icon with index finger.
Expected:
Please, make tap area of "kebab menu" larger.

3) Xiaomi devices issue
Regarding this problem:
https://1password.community/discussion/132818/if-youre-encountering-autofill-issues-with-1password-8-on-a-xiaomi-device#latest
Any chance the app will give a hint that it needs this permission, or acquire it automatically? App doesn't request it or anything, just silently fails.

1Password Version: 8.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 11, MIUI 12.5.3 Stable
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @fermi thanks for sharing this feedback!

1) I think this is a great point about consistency of visual language with 1Password. There is a short loading time when you open the app and unlock it but I can certainly understand why filling that time with a locking animation feels a bit inconsistent, especially if you have just locked 1Password directly or otherwise closed the app.

2) Trying this myself, I would agree that the tap-able area favors selecting your item for filling over the overflow menu option.

3) I'm not sure that 1Password would be able to automatically switch that setting on but I would definitely see the benefit of prompting the user if the app could detect specific ques from the device.

For all three points I've passed along your feedback to the appropriate teams. Thanks again for sharing it with us. If you have any other questions or feedback, you know where to find us!

• fermi
    fermi
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much for your response, it was a pleasure to contribute

• You are very welcome. Your feedback is appreciated!

This discussion has been closed.