1Password on Android 8

Options
tcg1p
tcg1p
Community Member

Hi, I've been using 1Password on Android 8.0.0 (Samsung Galaxy S7) for several years now (now v7.9.4). I recently upgraded the application on my new tablet and my desktop to 1Password 8.x, and while those interfaces nag me to enable 2FA on several of my accounts, I can't seem to use the app to scan in any QR codes or even find the location of the 2FA code listing. Is v7.9.4 the last version available and if it supports scanning 2FA codes then where do I find that option? Why is 1Password 8 not supported on my current version of Android? In fact, if I search the Google Play Store, 1Password isn't even listed for me.

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.0.0
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• J4rm4n
    J4rm4n
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hey buddy, I can help you out on this one: for 1Password 8 on Android you need at least an Android 9 device (see the official minimum system requirements here).

• Hi @tcg1p, thanks for your question. As @J4rm4n mentioned (thanks for the assist!) 1Password 8 for Android requires Android 9 or newer.

1Password 8 apps do support scanning QR codes for 2FA setup. When creating or editing an item, you can tap the QR icon in the One-Time Password field to activate your Android device's camera or use the onscreen reader with 1Password desktop apps. I've included an example from 1Password 8 for Android below:

If a QR code is not available, or there's an issue scanning, you can also paste the 2FA key provided by the site or app into the OTP field in 1Password.

Setting up 2FA for an account typically requires going into your security settings. You can find a link to a 2FA directory as well as our 2FA guide in the links below:

If you have any questions, just let us know!

This discussion has been closed.