Version 8 Tags

Options
dwsdolce
dwsdolce
Community Member

In the previous version you could click on the arrow in front of the tag name and expand/collapse the content of the tag. This appears to be missing. Why are we going backwards in features?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi @dwsdolce:

Great question, thanks for asking. Because 1Password 8 is a completely new app from the ground up, and not an update to 1Password 7, not everything behaves exactly the same. I'd love to see the return of collapsing tags as well. I've added your thoughts to an internal tracker we have for this. While I can't promise anything specifically, our developers regularly use this as we work to make 1Password 8 the best it can be.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-362

• dwsdolce
    dwsdolce
    Community Member
    Options

I am sorry. I ran a number of software companies as VP of Engineering and Chief Scientist. Your answer is insufficient. 1Password 8 is NOT a completely new application. It is Version 8 of 1Password. You did the same thing to your users going from 6 to 7 (got rid of folders, introduced tags) it took a number of releases to get something usable. Ignoring what your customers have gotten use to and claiming that it is better (when it is not particularly) and that you can just decide to not release features is not the sign of a mature development organization but of one that is struggling. So, I would like to revert to the previous version. How can I do that?

• Hello @dwsdolce,

I'm sorry for inconvenience this has caused you and thank you for your additional feedback. While some features have not made it over to version 8, feedback like this helps us to understand what features customers want to see added or return to the app.

If you'd like to revert to 1Password 7 for Windows, please sign in to 1Password.com and save a copy of your Emergency Kit and record your password on it as needed: Get to know your Emergency Kit

Next, it is required to uninstall 1Password 8 from your device before reinstalling 1Password 7 for Windows. You can download and install version 7 directly from that link.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thanks!

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member
    Options

Agree, collapsing tag folders should be a must, not a nice-to-have.

• Hi @FuriousFan - thanks for your feedback. I've included this in the request we're tracking.

ref: IDEA-I-362

This discussion has been closed.