Import a 2nd Vault to 1Password 8

Options
FuriousFan
FuriousFan
Community Member

After about ten years on the standalone versions for Windows and iOS, I bit the bullet and signed up for the new version. I was able to import my main vault and everything is working fine in Windows, iOS and on-line. However, I didn't get the chance to import a second vault. When trying to do so now, the Windows version tells me I need to open the vault in 1Password 7. When I installed V8, it deleted V7 and if I try to install V7 again, it tells me a newer version is running and won't let me install version 7. How do I get the 2nd vault into V8? Thanks

1Password Version: 8.80
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 Home
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:import another vault

Comments

• ag_mike_d
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hello @Furiousfan,

Thanks for your message and moving over to a 1Password account and 1Password 8.

1Password 8 is a different product and unable to access that second standalone vault. As such, it will need to be uninstalled from your device prior re-installing version 7.

Once installed, you can create a new account vault on 1Password.com and then sign in to 1Password 7 for Windows and that second standalone vault you'd like to migrate. Finally, you can select all items in the vault you'd like, and move them over to that newly created account vault.

If you have any troubles along the way, please reach out to us at support+forums@1Password.com and we can direct your question to the appropriate support team. Thanks!

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member
    Options

That worked. Thanks

• Hello again @FuriousFan, you're most welcome! 👍

This discussion has been closed.