Tablets problem landscape mode

Options
tezvienna
tezvienna
Community Member

Tablets (Xiaomi Tab 5 or Samsung Galaxy Tab S8) in landscape mode have display errors:
When entering password is required, password field lies under virtual keyboard:

When doing a search the input is missing:

(Screenshots via camera because native screenshots are forbidden)

1Password Version: 8.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• tezvienna
    tezvienna
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_timothy Can you take a look on this please?

• Hi @tezvienna, it looks like I missed this discussion, I am very sorry for the delay in response.

The development team is aware of both issues mentioned here and working to make a fix available.

For the first issue, when the unlock screen opens the password field should be focused so you can type in your password and tap enter on your keyboard. Alternatively, rotating to landscape should reveal the password field.

For the second issue, you can tap the right greyed-out half of the screen to dismiss the navigation drawer. We've also released a fix for this in the current beta, 8.9.6-11. With the beta, after tapping Search or any other tab, the drawer should be dismissed automatically. You can search for 1Password in the Google Play Store to confirm you're on the beta channel and check for any available updates.

My apologies again for the delay here. Let us know if the update helps with the second issue.

• tezvienna
    tezvienna
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_timothy,
    I have not been on the forum here for a few weeks. But in the meantime nothing seems to have changed: On a Samsung Tab S8 with current Android and current 1password app, the search still does not work, as described at the very top.
    Please provide feedback when tablets will finally be fully supported and this bug will be fixed.

• Hi @tezvienna, thanks for following up with me. I'm sorry to hear this issue persists.

Is the current beta installed on your tablet? If not, I'd like to ask you to join the beta or update to the current beta if you have already joined. To update, you can search for 1Password in the Google Play store and tap Update. To join the beta you can find steps in the guide below:

The current beta version is 8.9.10-26 and you can confirm this version is installed by checking under Settings > About in 1Password for Android. Let me know if the beta improves these issues for you!

This discussion has been closed.