Unable to login to both Chrome and Safari extensions on Mac

ZaneP
ZaneP
Community Member
edited September 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I am a new user of 1Password and am a fan so far. This is the first issue I have had.

In short, after installing the browser extensions in Google Chrome, I tried to use it. On both, it shows a blue button that says "Open 1 Password" that does nothing when you click it. I have tried the following.

1. Clear history
  2. Reinstall plugins
  3. Reinstall Chrome & plugins

Nothing fixed this issue.

I appreciate any help! Without browser support, the app is not very useful to me. Thank you!

P.S. the forum crashed on this post on my first attempt to submit. I received this error in a popup screen:
{ "Code": 1406, "Exception": "Data too long for column 'Name' at row 1", "Class": "Gdn_UserException" }

I had to open developer mode and delete the overlay element to save my post content 😢. I was able to figure out the title was too long from the error and resubmit.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Mac OS 12.5.1
Browser:_ Chrome and Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Unable to login to both Chrome and Safari extensions on Mac - Blue "Open 1Password" button does nothing

Comments

• ZaneP
    ZaneP
    Community Member

Not sure what changed but it started working this am! The screen with the blue button now disappears and 1password opens as expected.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@ZaneP You probably reset the connection between the extension and app at some point. That's probably what got things going. Glad to hear things are working now!

This discussion has been closed.