Feature Request: Reason for Archive or Deletion

Options
SomebodySnores
SomebodySnores
Community Member

I may be alone here, but it would be helpful to have a pop up when I try to delete or archive something with a quick drop down with preloaded reasons or an option to write my own reason. This would be useful when I close my account on the platform all together, the platform no longer exists or if I signed up with a different email.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @SomebodySnores

Love the username. Would creating a tag and adding it to the item work for you? Thinking minimalist here. Drag the item on to the tag, it remains selected in the center column, and then you can right-click and delete or archive. I am not sure how much detail you wanted to add. I can also let the team know this is of interest to you. You've certainly given me something to think about. Thanks from one user to another.

• SomebodySnores
    SomebodySnores
    Community Member
    Options

I appreciate your time, response, and thought process @ag_tommy! As a minimalist, I've gotten rid of tags all together and now have a cleaner view with collections 🤣. Although I'm still mulling over using collections over categories, and now the benefit a tag can actually serve (and not just "clutter" on my sidebar), I am probably in the minority with how organized and detailed I like my information.

• ag_tommy
    edited September 2022
    Options

Gotcha! I can understand that 100%. I recently, as in a month, killed all of my existing tags after years of use. I wanted a clean start. Maybe that is why it came to mind. I'll certainly pass along that suggestion to the team.

ref: IDEA-I-1837

This discussion has been closed.