Second Address Line in Identities

Options
Raincoasted
Raincoasted
Community Member

Hi there,

I want to add a new identity to 1Password and need to add a second address line. I have several other identities that have a second address line, but when I try to do the same for a new one, it doesn't take. Equally strange, if I duplicate an old identity and try to edit it, it reverts to a single line!

I've read other posts that suggest only one line is supported. Any idea why my old identities provide for two address lines while new ones don't?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Safari Extension 7.9.2
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6

Comments

• Hi @Raincoasted:

Great question! If you add a comma to separate your Line 2 information, like so: 123 Main Street, Line 2, you should be able to save and fill your Line 2 information.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• Raincoasted
    Raincoasted
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P:

Thanks for your reply! This works, but isn't the same behaviour previously observed. I'd like to have Address Line 2 show up on a second line when looking at it in 1Password, as it used to do. It's just a bit nicer visually and is consistent with most addressing conventions. Obviously, this used to be possible but is no longer so. Is this a permanent change in behaviour or something we could look forward to as a change?

Sean

• mcdaniel_isaac
    mcdaniel_isaac
    Community Member
    Options

Agree. Adding the comma isn't very intuitive I'd like to be able to move my cursor to a 2nd or 3rd line as needed and begin typing

• mcdaniel_isaac
    mcdaniel_isaac
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, I tried editing my address to include my apartment number and inserting a comma didn't move it to a second line

• Hi @mcdaniel_isaac:

While adding a comma will result in 1Password filling it as follows: line 1, line 2, it will still be displayed in a single line in the 1Password apps.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.