Change User Icon - 1Password 8

wm123
wm123
Community Member

I just downloaded 1Password 8 and now have a user icon with a picture of a random person (it used to be my initials). How do I change the user icon in the application?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.3

Comments

• Hey @wm123!

Are you referring to the icon on the 1Password 8 lock screen? If so, this comes from https://start.1password.com/settings/account (for 1Password Families & 1Password Teams / Business). For individual accounts it is from https://start.1password.com/profile

I hope that helps!

Ben

• wm123
    wm123
    Community Member

Thank you! I selected one of the icons in online settings and now the application matches.

• @wm123

I'm happy that Ben was able to help. 😊

• dontstl
    dontstl
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

trying to change the "Old Lady" icon or just get rid of it is not possible. when clicking "Edit Details" the icon box (with my initials) turns to a blank small icon placeholder and clicking little block produces empty page.

l'm stuck as an Old lady forever. I would prefer my initials if anything by default.

Not sure this was a positive update or a step in the wrong direction. Not sure the UI is batter than it used to be.

Please advise,
    Don T

• zm1
    zm1
    Community Member

I am having the same experience as dontstl.

• Hi @zm1 / @dontstl:

Thanks for letting us know about this. This is something we're investigating, and I've added you both as affected. Stay tuned for updates!

Jack

ref: dev/b5/b5#17679

• Hi @dontstl and @zm1,

Happy to report this has been fixed! Give it another try when you have a chance and let us know how it goes. 😊

• dontstl
    dontstl
    Community Member

Works as expected.

Maybe I need to tell your Development Manager that you guys need more work to do that was way to fast ;)

• Appreciate the confirmation, @dontstl! And thanks for your kind words, they're encouraging for the whole team. 😊

• DBF
    DBF
    Community Member

Same problem. Can't change the icon. Tried updating it on the website, but the desktop icon won't change.

• DBF
    DBF
    Community Member

Scratch that. Just got it to work. Thanks

• @DBF

I'm happy to hear that everything is working now. 😊

• paroparo
    paroparo
    Community Member

Hey 1password team!

Yesterday I changed my initials (in my profile section) to one of the default icons and now I am trying to rollback to my initials again and I cant seem to figure how to do it.

I can change to another icon or upload a custom one.... but what I would like to do is to show my initials again (in short, remove the selected icon).

I am using the web app (from a macbook air).

Thanks in advanced and congrats on this amazing service!

• Hi @paroparo,

Thanks for your kind words and sharing this observation! It isn't currently possible to revert back to the starting icon, but I can understand why someone would want to. I can see you've already been added to the related feature request, but this post wasn't in vain since I'll be adding my vote as well (I'm suddenly glaringly aware of the non-uniformity of all our family members' icons..).

Appreciate you letting us know this is important to you and we're here if you have any questions. 🙂

ref: IDEA-I-470

• paroparo
    paroparo
    Community Member

Hi @andrew.l_1P !

Yes, I realised after posting here that this was not exactly the right thread so I reposted my comment again.

In any case, thank you very much for your quick response and for adding your vote to the related feature request 😉

Have a great week! 😊

• @paroparo

Thank you again for the feedback, I hope that you have a great week as well. 🙂

-Dave

• DerringDo
    DerringDo
    Community Member

I'm adding my name to the list requesting this. Well, to letting one drag-and-drop any small icon they'd like to use, rather like we could do in V6. Not a big fan of limited choices... Thanks.

• Hi @DerringDo,

Thanks for your input. To confirm, you'd like to be able to drag and drop account icons on 1Password.com or in the app?

In case it helps in the meantime, it is possible to upload your own image for an account icon on 1Password.com. You can do this by selecting the + option when editing your icon:

Let me know and I'll be happy to record your feedback for the rest of the team. 🙂

• DerringDo
    DerringDo
    Community Member

Well... that took care of that problem. Thanks. Everything's new, and I want it all back the way I had it before. Typical human. Appreciate the pointer, again.

I'd like to drag and drop icons/pictures anywhere they exist in the app. I may have already bugged Dave about that one.

• chapple
    chapple
    Community Member

It isn't currently possible to revert back to the starting icon

I'd like to put my name on that list requesting this feature as well, please ;)

• Happy to help, @DerringDo! I can still understand the case for drag and drop though, I'll record your and @chapple's feedback for the rest of the team.

Thanks for letting us know these are important to you!

ref: PB-30855785
    ref: PB-30855985

This discussion has been closed.