Never opens to "home screen" on 1Pass8 on android

Options
PixlRunner
PixlRunner
Community Member

Whenever I open 1Pass 8 on android, it always opens with the entry I last had open. For example, if I was viewing Reddit last, it will always show the Reddit entry when I next open 1Pass.

After a minute or so, it is very unlikely that I would need to access the last entry viewed again straight away, and so I would have expected that after 1Pass closes properly (via a hard close or a timeout), then it would start the next time with the home screen, but it does not - it opens the previous item.

Ideally, I would like to start with the home screen after it hits the security timeout value (in the security settings).

Am I hitting a bug, or is this expected (but annoying), or have I missed a setting somewhere?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hello @PixlRunner, thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

This is intended behavior, 1Password for Android re-opens where you left off. That being said, I definitely see the benefit of resetting to the tab you left off in rather than the section or item. I could see myself benefiting from this workflow. I could also see situations where the opposite is true. For instance, revealing your streaming password to type into a TV and then inadvertently locking 1Password or setting down the phone for too long. 1Password 8 for Android also has persistent tabs that make it a little quicker to switch to Home when you have an item open.

While I can't make any promises about the development of 1Password, I've gone ahead and filed a request for this option and shared your feedback with the team. Thanks again!

ref: IDEA-I-1811

• PixlRunner
    PixlRunner
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_timothy

I appreciate the hard work you guys are doing, and thanks for creating a feature request.

• ag_audrey
    edited September 2022
    Options

@PixlRunner, I will pass your thanks along to @ag_timothy and our development team. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

This discussion has been closed.