Multiple Shared Vaults, each with different users on it?

Options
wojmoj
wojmoj
Community Member
edited September 2022 in Families

Under 1P Family can I have multiple shared vaults, but select which family member can access which vault? I can't seem to find a way to do this.

For example I want to share the "Financial Vault" with my spouse, which has all the bank account logins, but exclude my kids from accessing it. But I want to share most stuff like Netflix password via a "Family General Vault" with everyone.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi @wojmoj

Thanks for taking the time to write in with this question. What you're looking for is absolutely possible, with one caveat (*). We have a guide which should help you get started, here:

Share passwords with your family

The built-in Shared vault is automatically shared with everyone who you invite to your family, so that might be a good spot for things like the Netflix password. Additional vaults can be created with custom permissions:

Create and share vaults

(*) The one caveat that I wanted to mention is that Family Organizers can always add themselves to any vault within the membership. We recommend having multiple organizers so that if one forgets or loses their credentials another can assist with recovery. Understand though that everyone in the family will be placing a great deal of trust in the organizers.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.