Since update I can't anymore login at once for multiple accounts

Options
swissbird
swissbird
Community Member

Hi!

Before the last update was released, I have logged in only with the PW for my business account, and my personal (private) account was unlocked at the same time.

Now I have to unlock each safe separately. Where I can find the settings to change this like before?

The effected PC runs on Windows.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @swissbird, thanks for reaching out.

I understand since installing 1Password 8 you're required to unlock each of your accounts separately. This is the expected behaviour as 1Password 8 will only unlock multiple accounts if they share the same account password. If you'd like to unlock your business and personal account at the same time, I would recommend setting the same account password for both accounts.

If you're interested in the details surrounding this change, check out this post by a member of our security team: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/608291/#Comment_608291

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions!

Ali

• swissbird
    swissbird
    Community Member
    Options

That worked, thank you very much for your reply.
    Still a pity and a somewhat irritating change when exactly 1password itself warns you that passwords should only be used only once.

• Hey @swissbird, you're most welcome - I'm glad to hear that worked for you. I understand how the change could be irritating and will certainly pass your feedback along to the appropriate team.

Let me know if there's anything else we can help with!

Ali

This discussion has been closed.