No iOS Spotlight Search in 1Password 8?

JRok77
JRok77
Community Member

Even since I installed 1Password 8, I've noticed that 1Password entries are no longer showing up in Spotlight Search on my iPhone. Was it removed?

1Password Version: 8.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @JRok77:

Great question. As it currently stands, 1Password 8 for iOS doesn't have Spotlight integration, so 1Password items won't be shown in Spotlight.

With that said, I can see how it would be handy to see your 1Password items in Spotlight, so I'll add your thoughts to an existing feature request we have for this. While I can't promise anything, we use feedback like yours to help inform the future of 1Password.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-833

• JRok77
    JRok77
    Community Member

Thank you, @Jack.P_1P.

• On behalf of Jack, you're welcome.

• hegguardo
    hegguardo
    Community Member

Does a comment here add any weight to feature (reimplementation) requests such as this?

• Hi @hegguardo:

Yes! Letting us know your feedback here on the 1Password Support Community allows us to pass on your thoughts to the feature request tracker, and our teams uses this to understand what features our users would like to see. I'll pass on your vote to the existing feature request for this so our team know you'd like to see 1Password 8 for iOS integrate with Spotlight.

• eForms
    eForms
    Community Member

Spotlight search missing is terrible!
    Please bring it back

• @eForms

Thank you for the feedback! I've added your comment to the feature request tracker as well. 😊

• eForms
    eForms
    Community Member

We’ve been with you for a long time.
    Trying LastPass & RoboForm :(

• MsQueen
    MsQueen
    Community Member

Omg, please add this feature back. What was the point of its removal? It’s so useful

• Thanks for the additional feedback, @MsQueen. We appreciate you letting us know how useful this is to you. I've included a +1 for you in this feature request. 👍

• Flashbax
    Flashbax
    Community Member

Bring it back please

• Thanks for your vote, @Flashbax. I've added it to our tracker.

• dimashok
    dimashok
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Spotlight integration is essential!
    Has it been prioritized for a release?

• @dimashok

Thank you for the feedback. I've let the product team know that this is something that you'd like to see.

-Dave

ref: PB-30424831

• ejmeij
    ejmeij
    Community Member

Why would you remove this? Please bring it back asap.

• ejmeij
    ejmeij
    Community Member

Why would you remove this? I literally made an account on here just to ask for this. Please bring it back asap.

• Dave_1P
    edited February 2023

@ejmeij

I've added both of your comments to the same thread, please don't post the same thing in multiple threads.

1Password 8 is a complete rewrite of the app and we're continually adding features to the new app. I've passed along your request regarding adding spotlight search to 1Password 8 for iOS to the product team. Thank you for the feedback. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-30796140

This discussion has been closed.