Rearrange sections in 1Password for Windows 8.9.5

Options
BjornKullberg
BjornKullberg
Community Member

Hi,

how do I rearrange sections in a secure note in desktop version?

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @BjornKullberg, thanks for your question.

It's not currently possible to rearrange sections in 1Password 8. With that said, we currently have an internal feature request opened to add the ability to reorder fields/sections. Our team is considering implementing this feature but I can't make any promises as we don't have anything to share just yet. I'll add your voice to this request to further highlight user interest.

Let me know if there's anything else we can help with!

Ali

ref: IDEA-I-372

• danielarend
    danielarend
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

+1 to this request! It's seemingly a small ux improvement but when you have a lot of info stored in 1Password, being able to rearrange sections (in Secure Notes especially) is important to keeping organized.

• Thanks @danielarend, I've added your comment to the request as well 👍

Ali

• bobbynewco
    bobbynewco
    Community Member
    Options

Please, please, please 🥹 😣 😖 add this feature back into 1PW.

It existed in the past, and it is the most difficult and irritating problem I have to regularly deal with in regard to the AMAZING new upgrade to version 8. (The new collections feature literally changed my life! I manage passwords for 6 people including myself! Heaven!)

But the lack of moving fields and sections up or down makes editing existing items that need new important info clearly visible as the first section..... extremely hard. My saved items always have the most important information of the item from HIGHEST to LOWEST.

I don't know if there have been others speaking out about this, but this is a big usability problem. Something that would have prevented me from signing up for 1Password if I were to evaluate a password management system - and did not know about 1PW until demo'ing it.

The actual BEST part about 1PW is the ability to add/modify any item when you have more information than is asked in a template.

Instead of just "working" - I have to try to "think ahead" now every time I add a new item into a vault. I have been in the position of taking over an hour and carefully entering in 10 new items with multiple sections and fields (in addition to the base template). I discovered that I missed a significantly important piece of information that is critical to each item...... My only choice is to add it as the last section, or completely copy and paste and redo each item. HORROR!

I'll be honest - 1PW is absolutely phenomenal. Would I change 1 or 2 things about it? Yes, minor things based upon preference.

But this missing feature is a crippling user interface omission. I am handicapped without this. I might even need to program via API some way to MANUALLY add an empty section at the top of an item........ 😰

• ag_mike_d
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hi @bobbynewco,

Thanks for your message and kind feedback about 1Password 8. We're glad to hear how much your liking it and the addition of Collections.

With regard to moving fields and sections, this is something that is very highly requested and the team continues to look in to it's implementation. I'm unable to share any kind of ETA, but this feature request is something we're excited to bring in the future and I've included a +1 for you!

Stay tuned for future updates by keeping an eye on our 1Password Releases. Have a great day!

• henryammons
    henryammons
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

+1 - Number one item to address on my list. 1Password is great; recommend it all the time.

• Hi @henryammons,

Thanks for writing in with your +1 for this feature request and letting us know that moving fields and sections is number one on your list to be addressed. I've cast a vote on your behalf!

We appreciate your kind words. If you have any other suggestions, please let us know!

This discussion has been closed.