Custom vault icons in 1Password 8?

amoesch
amoesch
Community Member

In 1Password 7 I used to be able to set a custom icon for a vault. On 1Password 8 I no longer can find that option. My custom icons from 1PW 7 have been migrated but for new vaults I can’t choose any icon besides the generic set of predefined icons. Has that feature been moved or removed? In case of the latter, is it planned to be brought back?

It’s certainly not the most important thing but as my database has grown I’ve started to embrace vaults as an organizational tool and come to appreciate the option to give them a meaningful icon. Would be cool to keep that.

Thanks for a clarification.

1Password Version: 8.x
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Terylon
    Terylon
    Community Member

Try it via "my.1password.com". There it is possible to add custom fault icons. I hope they (Dave and team) will not "improve" that by deleting this function. I am a big fan of custom icons in the faults and in the database itself. Good luck!

• Hi @amoesch:

As @Terylon mentioned, you can set a custom icon for your vault from my.1Password.com. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• amoesch
    amoesch
    Community Member

Many thanks @Terylon and @Jack.P_1P for the feedback. That works!

• Glad to hear it helped amoesch

Agreed @Terylon I am a big fan of visual customization all around.

• Terylon
    Terylon
    Community Member

Dear @ag_tommy, I hope you will fix that issue! This workaround is less comfortable.

• I'll keep advocating for improvement.

• cvieira
    cvieira
    Community Member

I was able to change the vault icon on 1password.com but the new icon was not updated either on Mac or iPad apps.

• mburnett
    mburnett
    Community Member

+1

Another feature missing from the “upgraded” app

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022

@cvieira

That's odd it was previously working. 🤔 I appreciate you flagging this. I'll get a bug report filed.

ref: dev/core/core#16913

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022

@mburnett

Could you set an icon on 1Password.com? I'm curious if you experienced the same thing cviera did?

ref: IDEA-I-1614

• BWGHK
    BWGHK
    Community Member

This is seriously annoying - previously I was able to select an file from my desktop, resize or move as needed and save - simple.

Now I can't do that via the app or even 1password online.

1P needs to stop breaking the app.

• Hi @BWGHK,

I'm sorry to hear this is interrupting your workflow, I've added a proxy vote on your behalf for this. In the meantime, you're able to set custom vault icons on 1Password.com, if that isn't working can you tell me what you're seeing? We can troubleshoot further from there. 👍🏻

• CanadaJim
    CanadaJim
    Community Member

Here's what I see when going to 1password.com, settings, vaults, select the fault, then Edit Details:

If I click in the white space near the top (when my icon changes to a pointing hand) I get sent to a blank screen.

• ArnePettersson
    ArnePettersson
    Community Member

@CanadaJim - Same problem for me. Both with Vaults, Groups and People.

• CanadaJim
    CanadaJim
    Community Member

Maybe @andrew.l_1P can look into this for us.

• Hi @ArnePettersson and @CanadaJim, appreciate the ping!

Seems we've got a bug on our hands, I get the same result when I try this. I found a report for this internally so I'll link this thread there but it's quite recent so I'm afraid I don't have much else to share at the moment. I appreciate you folks bringing it to our attention though, looking forward to a fix. 🙂

ref: dev/b5/b5#17683

• CanadaJim
    CanadaJim
    Community Member

Thanks Andrew. Please keep us up to date as the internal issue is worked on and resolved. If you'd like testers, we're here and waiting. 😉

• @CanadaJim / @ArnePettersson

Happy to report this has been fixed! Feel free to give it another go and let me know if you're not seeing the same results.

ref: dev/b5/b5#17679

• ArnePettersson
    ArnePettersson
    Community Member

Confirmed. Problem solved.
    Great work 💪👍😀

• Glad to hear it! Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with. 🙂

Jack

• jborbs
    jborbs
    Community Member

I’m able to see the custom icons I set in my 1Password 7 vaults on the web, and in 1Password 7 apps, but many of them still show as a generic “star wars rebel” geometric shape in the 1Password 8 apps. I’ve logged out and back in, reinstalled, even tried editing and saving the vault icons and they still stay as placeholders in the v8 app.

• RobX
    RobX
    Community Member

Still experiencing this issue on 1Password 8

• Hi @jborbs and @RobX,

Apologies for the delay here, are you folks still experiencing this? To clarify, it's currently only possible to change your vault icons on 1Password.com. Let me know if that isn't working for you and we can troubleshoot further. 🙂

• RobX
    RobX
    Community Member

Hello Andrew,

You are right, working on 1Password.com for me now.

Thank you.

• Glad to hear it, @RobX, appreciate the confirmation!

This discussion has been closed.