console error when registering a new user, generatina a new password, and trying to save it

amolinari
amolinari
Community Member

menu.js:4 Uncaught (in promise) Error: Error response received for message <perform-inline-action>

1. go to test app https://nos-webapp.herokuapp.com/account/sign_up
  2. insert data
  3. click 1p icon on password field
    waiting 1p extension to popup edit window to save item, nothing happens, a new error is thrown and visible in console

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: macOS 12.4 beta 4, build 21F5063e

Comments

• @amolinari

I'm having some trouble replicating the behaviour you've mentioned:

Are you able to reproduce this with the latest beta (2.3.6)?

• amolinari
    amolinari
    Community Member
    edited May 2022

ok, it seems not replicable with latest beta 2.3.6

• feargalwalsh92
    feargalwalsh92
    Community Member

I am also experiencing this error in the console when I try and choose a suggested password when signing up to a site, I also can't upload a screenshot to this comment to show more information.

menu.js:4 Uncaught (in promise) Error: Error response received for message <perform-inline-action>
        at menu.js:4:4493

• feargalwalsh92
    feargalwalsh92
    Community Member

A

Actually after signing in I can post a screenshot, this is my 1Password desktop app info

1Password 7
    Version 7.9.6 (70906003)
    1Password Store

and my Chrome extension is using
    Version 2.3.7 - 4d2d67af

• justinuliu
    justinuliu
    Community Member

I have exactly the same problem. Every time I click the suggested password I got an error:
    Uncaught (in promise) Error: Error response received for message from browser console

I have tried Chrome, Safari and Brave. All the same.

• flag150
    flag150
    Community Member

I have exactly the same problem as well, I met so many times in Chrome if I enable integrated with 1password application but I shutdown it later, please help to fix it ASAP.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @flag150, sorry about the issue that you're seeing. I'd like to ask a few questions to get a better understanding, and then I'll be able to help further.

Here are my questions:

• What version of the extension do you have and what version of Chrome are you running?
    • Do you have the 1Password app installed on your computer? If so, what version is it?
    • Do you normally keep the "Integrate with 1Password app" setting off?
    • If so, can you share what you have configured in the "Security" section of the extension settings?
    • Do you only have troubles with filling suggested passwords, or do you also have troubles saving logins?
    • Do you only have troubles on specific websites, or does it happen on all websites?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

• flag150
    flag150
    Community Member

Hi @Joy_1P Thank you for your quick reply, I hope my answer that helps you guys to get the thread.

What version of the extension do you have and what version of Chrome are you running?
    I used the latest version(2.8.1) of the extension.

Do you have the 1Password app installed on your computer? If so, what version is it?

I had installed 1Password app before, but I uninstalled it since I found it brought trouble for me.

Do you normally keep the "Integrate with 1Password app" setting off?

I enabled it before, I disabled it after I found I cannot save new user, new login, new password, etc.

If so, can you share what you have configured in the "Security" section of the extension settings?
    I disabled the automatically lock 1Password option.

Do you only have troubles with filling suggested passwords, or do you also have troubles saving logins?
    Both.

Do you only have troubles on specific websites, or does it happen on all websites?
    All website when I try to save new user, new password, etc.

What I did for now, I had to remove the login info via the extension setup and add the login info back later.

• flag150
    flag150
    Community Member

Hi @Joy_1P , I captured the error message today, and paste it here, I hope it will help to fix it

• flag150
    flag150
    Community Member

When I tried to save the new password as the screenshot, the error message pop up from the console. I cannot do anything except leave it off.

• Hey @flag150,

Thank you for sharing these details, I'm sorry for the trouble.

It looks like you've bumped into an issue with 1Password in your browser syncing with our servers to save your new login information to your account. Our development team is currently looking into this issue to determine the cause. In the meantime, could you try the following to see if it helps get things back up and running on your device?

• Lock the 1Password app (which also locks the extension).
    • Unlock the 1Password app (which also unlocks the extension).

That should get things working. If it doesn't, then please go through the steps below to re-sync your account:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    4. Sign back into your account.

Let us know how it goes and if you run into any issues with these steps.

ref: dev/core/core#17386

• flag150
    flag150
    Community Member

Hi @steph.giles,
    Thank you for your feedback, I already did what you mention above when I met this problem, It would fix my problem for sure.
    I want to highlight what I did here:
    I uninstalled the 1Password app before
    I already disabled "Integrate with 1Password app"

I will sign out of my account, and sign back if I hit this problem, that's the final solution.

• Thank you for getting back to me @flag150, let us know how you get on.

This discussion has been closed.