1Password for iOS Dropbox Vault Support

girma
girma
Community Member

I’m sure this has been asked numerous times already, but it’s been difficult for me to find something recent—the recommended way to maintain access to Dropbox vaults is to stay on 1Password 7.9.7 for iOS indefinitely?

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.6
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @girma:

Yes, that's correct. The future of 1Password is 1Password accounts, and 1Password 8 only supports 1Password accounts, not standalone vaults synced with iCloud or Dropbox.

1Password 8 is a separate download on the App Store from 1Password 7.

Jack

• girma
    girma
    Community Member

Thanks for the update, and great to hear that it’s a separate download—I would hate to have to turn off auto-updating.

• You're very welcome @girma. Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with.

Jack

• schmilo
    schmilo
    Community Member

It's a shame that in the new version we can't use iCloud for our passwords. With all due respect, I trust Apple (iCloud) to safeguard this type of information, now I have to look for a different alternative to 1Password, an application that I have been using since its first version. Anyway, thank you very much for the services provided, and have a great day.

• Hi @schmilo:

One of our founders, Dave, spoke a bit on why we're moving away from standalone vaults here: The future of local/standalone vaults

If standalone vaults truly are a dealbreaker, I wish you the best. Stay safe out there!

Jack

• mhomola
    mhomola
    Community Member

I used to have to keep dropbox app updated to ensure that 1password7 app would sync with my laptop newly generated passwords. I now have 1password8 do I still need the old dropbox app and 1password 7 app?

• @mhomola

If you see all of your items in 1Password 8 then you can safely remove the old 1Password 7 app. And if you don't need Dropbox anymore then it sounds like you can remove that as well but double-check that you're not using it to store any other files.

If you don't see all of your items in 1Password 8 and you see an older "Primary" standalone vault in the old 1Password 7 app then you can find our migration guide here: Upgrade to 1Password 8 for iOS

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.