Feature request: Notes field but possible to hide values like the password field

fredrikl
fredrikl
Community Member

These days a lot of sites and 1p are pushing 2fa. When adding 2fa you typically are displayed with a bunch of one-time use 2fa-keys in case the 2fa doesn't work. I like to save them, but if I put them in the notes field they are in plain sight if I happen to have 1p open on my desktop, and if I put them in a separate password-type field they are not formatted, so it's hard to say which numbers are which.

Please either add a new field type with formatting and hiding or make it possible to hide the values in the notes field.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• fredrikl
    fredrikl
    Community Member

Today when you select a Secure Note the content is immediately displayed, and I would like to make it possible to have it hidden/distorted, like the password field (reveal). Or another example: think about a NSFW reddit post. You just see a blurry version of the image, and not the image itself and you have to click it to see it, just like "reveal" for a password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser:_ Not Provided

• @fredrikl

Thanks for the idea. I went looking for it and it was already in our tracker. 🎉 I've added your voice to those that would like to see this. I appreciate you letting us know this matters to you. While I can't make a promise I can say I would like to see it too.

ref: IDEA-I-302

• fredrikl
    fredrikl
    Community Member

Great, cheersl

• On behalf of Tommy, you're very welcome!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.