I have been using 1Password 7 on my IPhone and IPad for quite some time. I’m trying to upgrade to 8

peterld53
peterld53
Community Member
edited September 2022 in iOS

When I 1st downloaded version 7, I found the secret key impossible to remember or store where I might remember (ie I suffered a severe TBI years ago, and really needed extra help to set it up.0 Now that 8 is available, and consistently asking to be downloaded, I want to, but I can’t. Could I please have some easy directions. Especially this key, and how to save it. Thank You! I will use on a IPhone 12,and a IPad Pro latest edition

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 15.6.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @peterld53:

Did you save a copy of your Emergency Kit anywhere else? Your Emergency Kit contains your Secret Key. Just as a note, it isn't necessary to remember your Secret Key itself.

Are you able to unlock 1Password 7 on any of your devices? You can find your Secret Key there as well: Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

Jack

• peterld53
    peterld53
    Community Member

I found my emergency kit, and have upgraded to 8 on my IPad. I now need to upgrade my Iphone. Is the secret key for 7, the same for 8?

• peterld53
    peterld53
    Community Member

I was able to get my secret key by clicking on the circle besides Financial and then sending the link to my phone!
    Should I send it anywhere else?

• @peterld53

The Secret Key is specific to your account not the version of the app in use. About your Secret Key

• peterld53
    peterld53
    Community Member

Great,but one more question. How do I get to a site that is listed without scrolling?

• Hi @peterld53:

Are you referring to looking for a specific item? Let me know.

Jack

• peterld53
    peterld53
    Community Member

I’ve upgraded on my IPad, but I can’t set it up so it will show the password; and there are no letters by the colum to find the site easily//

• peterld53
    peterld53
    Community Member

On 7 I just choose Logins,and then the first letter of the site, and then skroled

This discussion has been closed.