1Password 8 - option to sort Pinned Fields alphabetically

peterj71
peterj71
Community Member
edited September 2022 in Android

Someone has already entered a request for the ability to sort Favourites alphabetically, but the same request also needs to be made for Pinned Fields as they currently show in the order of most recent first.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:pinned field

Comments

• Hello @peterj71, thanks for sharing your interest in this feature. Some of our internal discussion has been around the option to arrange and rearrange pinned fields in a custom order. If that's implemented in the future, would that suit how you'd like to order pins or are you specifically interested in an alphabetical option? Thanks again!

• peterj71
    peterj71
    Community Member

Hi @ag_timothy , my personal preference is alphabetical order. If that wasn't available as an automatic option, but there was at least an option to Drag-and-rearrange the Pinned Fields then my work-around would be to manually drag them around until they were alphabetical.

One potential problem I foresee is that if the drag-and-reorder happens within the horizontal ribbon of Pinned Fields at the top of the screen, where only a couple of fields are visible at one time, it would be frustrating and awkward to reorder any more than a few fields because not all would be visible. Ideally the re-order option would happen in a pop-up window similar to the "Customize Home" window where the fields are shown in a vertical list and simply moved up and down to reorder. Of course if you have a pop-up window there'd be enough screen space for a "sort" menu of Most Recent, A-Z, Z-A, etc. ;-)

• Hi @peterj71, that's a great point and I would agree that rearranging any more than two pins on a small screen would be difficult in the horizontal orientation. Thanks for sharing that feedback.

While I can't make any promises about development here, I've also gone ahead and filed your interest for an alphabetical pin sort option. Thanks again!

• peterj71
    peterj71
    Community Member

Hi @ag_timothy , I just thought of one more thing to note: I sort my Pinned Fields alphabetically by the Item name, not the Field name.

For example, in my case I've pinned the "PIN" fields of various credit card items, sorting them by the item name of the item that contains the PIN field, not the field name or value.

That sounds more confusing than it is, but what I'm getting at this: sorting by the field name in my case would be pointless since they're all called "PIN", so my preference is not to sort by the name of the field itself, but by the item that contains it.

I guess manual dragging and reordering would probably be best and easiest since other users may sort differently.

• Thanks for clarifying that, @peterj71. I was picturing alphabetical by item name as you described but you raise a great point!

This discussion has been closed.