Show password via QR code

Options
hoangnamitc
hoangnamitc
Community Member
edited September 2022 in Android

Hello,

I think there should be a function to show password via QR code.
Because every time I want to share the password via a friend's phone, instead of copying the password and sending it through the chat channel, just scanning the QR code will be much faster.

Thank !

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @hoangnamitc thanks for sharing your thoughts and use case for a "show as QR" feature. I will file your feedback internally.

In the meantime, have you tried out PSST? PSST or the Password Secure Sharing Tool is a way to securely share items with anyone whether or not they use 1Password. You can find more about PSST in this guide:

Thanks again!

ref: IDEA-I-758

• hoangnamitc
    hoangnamitc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply,

I've used the sharing feature in the app before, and it's pretty cool. However, to share a password is quite a lot of work and takes more time while the QR code generator feature just needs to click on the password to choose to create and the other machine scans it and it's done.
    I hope the company considers this feature and includes it, I am very grateful for this.

Wish the company always advance, respect!

• Thanks for sharing your use case @hoangnamitc. That makes a lot of sense to me and I can definitely see why this would be usable. I can't make any promises if or when a feature will be added but I've shared your feedback with the team. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.