Exporting attachments

wills11
wills11
Community Member

I'm a little confused by the guidance regarding exporting of attachments.

I have a large number of them, mostly pdf files, and yet when I export "all" items, only 3 of them are included in the "attachments" folder. It would be greatly impractical for me to export them one at a time.

I'm running 1Password Version 7.9.4 (70904001) on Mac OS 12.6.

I haven't yet tried 1Password 8 on my Mac—will this allow me to export attachments properly?

Thanks kindly,

Wm

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 2022

@wills11

1Password 7 can only export "attachments", not Documents. Are your PDFs in question saved as Documents in 1Password?

1Password 8 can export both, but its export will contain all vaults in an account, and therefore all the files in each of those vaults. There's no option to select a single vault or selection of items within a vault.

You can install 1Password 8 (and leave 1Password 7 installed), create an export (as 1PUX), rename this .1pux file as a .zip file (macOS will ask you if this is really what you want), then double-click the .zip. You'll have a folder now, and inside it contains a folder named "files". Your attachments and documents will be there.

The attachments and documents will all be prefixed by a vault-unique identifier. Other files (such as vault icons) will only consist of this identifier.

This discussion has been closed.