To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Does 1password8 support non subscription mode?

Options
vkuznet
vkuznet
Community Member

I'm a long term user of 1password, and still run 1password7 app with my family license. What I want to clarify (and I can't find this information anywhere on web site) is does the new version of 1password still support stand-alone license mode without subscription (i.e. without creating 1password account and monthly fees). If so, does existing license used in 1password7 can be extended to 1password8 or do we need a new license.
Thanks,
Valentin.

1Password Version: 8.X
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS, any version
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @vkuznet:

Great question. 1Password 8 only supports 1Password memberships, and doesn't support standalone vaults. Dave, one of our founders, spoke a bit about why we decided to focus solely on 1Password memberships here: The future of local/standalone vaults

We're offering some great deals if you'd like to trade in your 1Password 7 license to get started with 1Password 8. If you'd like to get started on that, please reach out to our dedicated migration team via email at support+tradein@1password.com.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.