Support for Orion Browser

Comments

• kelchm
    kelchm
    Community Member

I'm frustrated with the lack of support for Orion as well. I've been a loyal user of 1Password for around a decade now, but this combined with some of the other changes in 1Password8 definitely has me considering alternatives.

• timothymh
    timothymh
    Community Member

1Password was working pretty decently in Orion until the most recent update, and now it either takes 10+ seconds to work, or doesn't work at all. This thread has eight pages of replies, and Orion is getting a larger user base by the day — most of whom are just the sort of privacy- and security-conscious users who are your subscribers! Please listen to us, and fix (and maintain!) your Orion integration as soon as possible.

• RetroAvenger
    RetroAvenger
    Community Member

+10 again on this thread, not letting it die down. PLEASE SUPPORT ORION. It makes no sense why 1P wouldn't.

• coalition
    coalition
    Community Member

We need more transparency here. @ag_tommy, tell your colleagues to write an in-depth statement on the status of this situation.

• coalition
    coalition
    Community Member

Calling upon @PeterG_1P.

• orraloon
    orraloon
    Community Member

And another +1 to add Orion to 1P's extension to whitelist. Thanks.

• midnightdata
    midnightdata
    Community Member

I'm on the cusp of moving on to another password management solution that actually prioritizes their users' requests. I can't believe Orion support still hasn't been implemented.

So +1 to another customer requesting Orion support.

• jimmy0017
    jimmy0017
    Community Member

Another +1 for Orion support!!

• PeterG_1P
    edited October 2022

Hi folks, thanks for your feedback here. 👋

I'll check on the status of Orion support this weekend and will hope to have more for you soon. I expect there will be limits on what I can share - our policy is that we announce support for features when they're released, rather than before (except in rare cases, for urgent bug fixes and the like). But I'll dig into this properly over the next few days to review the status of our support for various browsers as well as ensure that all votes here for Orion are tallied. We in customer support always want to make sure that we're accurately representing your needs and preferences to the teams who design and build 1Password.

Thank you for your patience! More to come.

ref: IDEA-I-482

• nicholasfasolt
    nicholasfasolt
    Community Member

Throwing in my +1 for Orion support as well!

• rainfactor
    rainfactor
    Community Member

Seems like Orion is making some waves. I installed it the other day and so far I really like it. 1Pass is not working for me at all. It installs the extension but every time I want to open it it redirects me to the 1Pass sign in page and despite signing in it never unlocks the extension. I read all the comments in this thread so far and seems there is no official support so far therefore I am chiming in : Please 1Pass devs make this happen :) Thank you

• PeterG_1P
    edited October 2022

Hello again, forum friends. Thanks for sharing your perspectives here!

As expected, there's not much I can share yet. However:

1. We've ensured that all your votes are counted (thank you @josh.d_1p for your conscientiousness on that effort), and

2. We are prioritizing improved browser support. While I wish I could share more at the moment, I can at least say that we are working away and keeping your use case in mind. We understand this is important to you.

Many thanks for your patience, and we'll look forward to sharing more at the appropriate time!

• farnots
    farnots
    Community Member

I'm here to add a +1 on the Orion support

• pintapass
    pintapass
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

Add me to the Orion advocates as well. I've been monitoring this and other threads in the hope that support would be announced as a matter of course, but it's clear that 1P really needs everyone and their mother to weigh in on this to deem it worthy of taking action.

• CharlieCortial
    CharlieCortial
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

We in customer support always want to make sure that we're accurately representing your needs and preferences to the teams who design and build 1Password.

Saying it doesn't mean anything when all actions we see are the opposite.

• AonDuine
    AonDuine
    Community Member

+1 I'm also very interested in Orion support from 1password ! I just opened a new account on 1password,EU servers, to use with the Orion browser only to find out that I cant.

• josh.d_1p
    edited October 2022

Added your votes!

Josh

• Pato77
    Pato77
    Community Member

Another over-a-decade 1P user requesting better support for the 1P Classic Extension to get it working in Orion.
    A lot of changes happened with 1P over the years, several I'm not found of but still accepted 1P as being a very good Mac app/Password Manager. But the lack of support for browser extensions really is going to be a deal breaker and motive to look for alternatives...

Please, fix the support for the 1P classic extension on Orion browser!

• kristofRhaegal
    kristofRhaegal
    Community Member

Another over-a-decade 1P user requesting better support for the 1P Classic Extension to get it working in Orion. Please, fix the support for the 1P classic extension on Orion browser!

• griphiam
    griphiam
    Community Member

+1 for Orion Support

• janpeeters
    janpeeters
    Community Member

Whitelist Orion browser please 1Password dev team!

• hollabit
    hollabit
    Community Member

I want to chime in with a +1 here for Orion support

• CadetClueless
    CadetClueless
    Community Member

+1 for Orion Support as well!

• sp288
    sp288
    Community Member

+1 for Orion Support as well, please.

• B0rg
    B0rg
    Community Member

+1 for Orion Support

• Hi everyone. 🙋 Just wanted to give you an update on the situation with support for Orion.

It's clear that Orion has some very passionate users, and that there are a lot of 1Password customers among them. It's so great to see that our customers are really keen to use 1Password in even more places than they can already. 😁

If you're on a Mac (and let's face it, if you're using Orion, you will be!), you don't even need a 1Password browser extension to be able to autofill. Universal Autofill allows you to autofill into any app on your Mac. That means that, essentially, Orion is already supported for autofill, even without a browser extension – just like every other app on your Mac.

Use Universal Autofill in apps and browsers on your Mac

As long as you have Universal Autofill set up, you can use Orion as normal, and press ⌘\ (Command–Backslash) to autofill on websites. It looks like this:

🔍👀 You'll notice 1Password's browser extension isn't installed. This is all I did to make that GIF:

1. Press ⌘\ (Command–Backslash) while in the username field of the form.
    2. 1Password knew I was at aircanada.com, and autofilled the Air Canada item immediately. (If there had been more than one item with aircanada.com as its website, I'd be able to choose which item to use.)
    3. There is no step 3.

This same process works in all browsers, so although we already support more than 94% of the desktop browser market by supporting Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Brave, and Safari, we support autofill in all browsers and apps on macOS through Universal Autofill.

We're always keeping an eye on the browser scene, and we'll make sure that this request stays on our Product team's radar. After all, your browser's most likely to be where you'll use 1Password most of the time. Thanks to Universal Autofill, you can use any browser you like on your Mac, and you'll always be able to autofill to sign into your online accounts. For creating new accounts, you can make a new item in 1Password itself, where you'll find the password generator in the Password field of your new item. You can scan QR codes for two-factor authentication using the main 1Password app too.

I hope that helps, and if you run into any trouble using Universal Autofill in Orion, please let us know so that we can help.

— Grey

• b52src
    b52src
    Community Member

+1 for extension support on Orion.
    universal autofill doesn't work well for everything unfortunately such as sites that 2 factor is used on outside of the 1password 2factor.
    universal autofill autosubmits after completing the form which causes some issues with some sites that have requirement for using YUBI keys or other 2 factors outside of the 1password. Would love to see some more controls for autofill as well so i can disable autosubmit form.

• Ted Jangius
    Ted Jangius
    Community Member

Adding my support for supporting Orion, thanks!

• @b52src – In the latest Nightly build of 1Password 8, you can now turn off autosubmit when using Universal Autofill:

You can also press ⌥⌘C (Option–Command–C) to copy the one-time password from an item in Quick Access without having to open it:

Hopefully those two things will help. :)