Download old app?

Options
gisky
gisky
Community Member

Hi,
The autofill on the new 1password app doesn't work on any of the sites I frequent. Additionally in the old app I could at least do a long press on the username/password to copy it, which I can't so any longer. I upgraded prematurely and it's just causing me frustration.

I don't want to cancel my subscription yet so at least I am asking how to download the old app. I can't find it in the play store.

Comments

• tonyt42
    tonyt42
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. I'm happy to try v8 but need v7 to use on daily basis until v8 is more stable please.

• ag_timothy
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hi @gisky, @tonyt42, I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues with 1Password 8. 1Password 8 is the way forward. As you're running into some issues, I'd like to ask you to share any additional details so I can make sure to pass along the feedback and file any bug reports.

You mentioned some filling issues. Could you let me know which browser, keyboard and a few of the websites where you've seen this?

As for long press actions, I don't have a timeline to share but it is something we intend to bring back. Currently you can tap a field then tap copy.

If you have previously installed 1Password 7 and have access to the Google Play account that was used to do so, you can still download 1Password 7 with these steps:
    1. Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
    2. Tap the account icon in the search bar and select the account used to install 1Password 7.
    3. From the same menu, tap Manage apps and device.
    4. Tap Manage.
    5. Tap the Installed drop down.
    6. Tap Not Installed.
    7. Search for and select 1Password.
    8. Tap Install.

Thanks again!

• tonyt42
    tonyt42
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, should have thought of using "not installed" in Gplay. Thanks!

I'll continue using v8 and provide feedback as necessary.

• Kraptus
    Kraptus
    Community Member
    Options

I have a 1Password Community account, but when I try to open it, it will not auto fill. Will someone at 1Password admit this part of v8 is not working and allow us to reinstall v7?

• Happy to help @tonyt42. As always your feedback is appreciated!

Hi @Kraptus, I'm sorry to hear that. I tested the 1Password Community sign in in Brave, Chrome and Firefox and I was able to fill in each with 1Password 8. Did you notice this issue in a different browser?

If you have previously installed 1Password 7 you can re-install it with the steps I shared above. I've noticed the steps are different on some versions of the Google Play Store so, if you have access to the account used to install 1Password 7 but those steps don't work you can try these instead:
    1. Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
    2. Tap the account icon in the search bar and select the account used to install 1Password 7.
    3. From the same menu, tap My apps & games.
    4. Tap Library.
    5. Under "Not on this device" select 1Password 7 (it helps to sort alphabetically).
    6. Tap Install.

This discussion has been closed.