OPVault out of version 6?

Options
metawops
metawops
Community Member
edited September 2022 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi,
I searched in advance here for a solution to my current problem but couldn't find one. So I registered and now I'm posting my first post here and hope there's a solution ...
I'm on macOS 12 and still use version 6 of 1Password. For reasons. Works fine.
Because I want to leave 1Password behind and migrate to another solution I was looking for a way to somehow transform my main vault (which currently syncs with iCloud, no problems) into an OPVault format.
I learned that there's no "export as OPVault" functionality and that I have to create a new, local vault for this.
I did so and I managed to copy all my entries to that new vault.
However, how will I know if that vault is actually in OPVault format? And, most interesting: where is this local vault file located?
I only found very old posts here that mentioned those vaults are in ~Library/Containers/... or ~Library/Group Containers/... but I couldn't find it there. Couldn't find it in ~/Library/Application Support/... either (there's just an old "1Password 4" folder).

Am I on the right path at all here? Is version 6 capable of creating an OPVault file and I just need to find it?

Thanks for any hints!
Stefan

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• metawops
    metawops
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, I tried the unix command lsof (list open files) an grep'ed for the name of my local vault – to no avail.
    Still haven't found it.
    Any help/ideas/hints? 😳

• metawops
    metawops
    Community Member
    Options

Ohhh, found the solution!

By default, when you create a new local folder its sync setting is set to "None".
    If you set the new local folder's sync setting to "Folder" and select a path a new .opvault file for this vault gets created! 😊

Case closed. ✅

• Helle @metawops! 👋

I'm happy to hear that you were able to find a solution. 😊

As requested, I'm closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.