Does upgrading to 1Password 8 on MacOS change shared vaults? Will it impact Windows user in family?

Options
lyork
lyork
Community Member

I am the primary manager of a 1P7 for Families account.
Half the members, including myself, are on MacOS and the other half are on Windows.

If I upgrade to 1P8 version on my Mac, will the Windows users be prompted/notified/requested to do anything?
I need to know impact in advance so I can notify them.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.5.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @lyork

We'd recommend everyone use the latest available version of 1Password (and operating systems, for that matter) for their security. Any users of 1Password 7 should see a pop-up advising them that 1Password 8 is available. That upgrade won't be enforced, however, and 1Password 7 would still keep working.

It's worth noting that 1Password 7 is now discontinued, and it'll only ever receive critical security updates. If something about macOS or Windows changes in the future, and that stops 1Password 7 from working, there won't be a fix issued for that. The same goes for iOS and Android. I'd advise everyone in your family to upgrade to 1Password 8 on all their devices as soon as is practical to make sure they have ongoing support.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help.

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.