No 1password 8 on Apple Watch

2»

Comments

• You're most welcome @Deacon6 I hope you enjoy the weekend!

• bradHon1Pcomm
    bradHon1Pcomm
    Community Member

Its pretty unbelievable you did not warn customers about this !
    how long is "coming soon"

• aramislyon
    aramislyon
    Community Member

Hi all... I've updated my iPhone with IOS 16 and 1Password 8 and now i can't download any more 1Password7 to use it with my Apple Watch (no more compatibility)... Any ideas or update to use 1Password8 AND Apple watch?

• Kikila61
    Kikila61
    Community Member

Hello @aramislyon,
    You can go to your purchased list in the App Sore you will find all your apps, including 1Password 8 and 1Password 7. The two apps can work alongside so you can have 1Pwd on the Apple Watch.

• aramislyon
    aramislyon
    Community Member

@Kikila61 Thank's, found it!

• Hey folks,

I do not have any updates to share at this time.

I'm happy to hear you found what you needed aramislyon.

• ZebraDude
    ZebraDude
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

I am looking forward to 1Password 8 for Apple Watch as well. I am a public beta tester on 7 as well as 8 and BOY I am glad that I did not delete the 7 beta as I need the WatchOS app as well it Is used everyday for me!

Glad to hear that a new Apple Watch WatchOS app is in the pipeline.

• jman2022
    jman2022
    Community Member

Add me to the list of people who relied on Apple Watch support!

• bodean
    bodean
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

Why the long delay getting out a 1p8 Apple Watch Version? Seems they rushed the desktop/phone release and totally ignored Apple Watch users.

You would think the desktop / IOS / Watch version would all release at same time to avoid issues. Not the case obviously

• golebara
    golebara
    Community Member

@bodean In my experience as a developer, I would say poor management. Manager says launch the app now without all features being completed due to deadline that they need to meet. Probably getting pressure from stakeholders as they are not meeting their sales target.

• Thank you for the feedback everyone! We can't wait to show you the new 1Password Apple Watch app, we think that it'll be worth the wait and we appreciate everyone's patience. 😊

-Dave

• JRok77
    JRok77
    Community Member

@Dave_1P

It's going to be a separate app?

• Dave_1P
    edited September 2022

@JRok77

While I don't have any specific information to share about the 1Password 8 Apple Watch app at the moment, the Apple Watch app has traditionally been included with the 1Password for iOS app in the past and hasn't required a separate download.

-Dave

• JRok77
    JRok77
    Community Member

@Dave_1P

Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

• @JRok77

Happy to help. 🙂

• StephenFor
    StephenFor
    Community Member

What has happened to 1 password on the new watch update? How do you go back to using 1 password 7? I can't find it on the App store.

• The team is still working on the watch app.

For 1Password 7 you'll need to look in you purchase history. Redownload apps and games from Apple - Apple Support

• JBrooker
    JBrooker
    Community Member

1Password8 delivers One Time Passwords two-factor authentication for viewing on the Apple Watch series 7, That does not work with Apple Watch Series 8. 1Password7 doesn't work with Apple Watch Series 8 either to view One-Time Passwords for two-factor authentication . You get an error on the watch That adding items from 1Password on the iPhone requires an Apple Watch passcode.

• ag_tommy
    edited September 2022

@JBrooker

That is generally indicative that the watch app has not been enabled in the 1Password app at least in my experience. Can you check that and then unset and set one of you items for use on the watch?

• motocrossmann
    motocrossmann
    Community Member

One more vote to see 1password 8 come back to Apple watch! Love the app in general!

• Hey folks. No further votes needed — it is coming. In fact, it is in beta. We're hoping to launch it very soon. 🤞

Ben

• As of today, 1Password 8 for Apple Watch is available:

Announcing 1Password 8 for Apple Watch ⌚️

🙌

Ben

• JRok77
    JRok77
    Community Member

@Ben

Thank you!

• @JRok77

On behalf of Ben, you're very welcome. 😊