Guest access - length of access

Options

Hello, evaluating business account to see if it works for my small business. One question I had… How long can a guest account have access to share passwords for a shed world? Can I control when the guest access expires? Is there a maximum duration to which a guest can have access to share passwords or Vault?

Comments

• Hello @amitvikram,

That's a great question about guest accounts in 1Password. There is currently no time limit for how long a guest account can exist, nor any tools to automatically expire the account, or their access to a vault. Can you let me know if this is a feature you would like to see in 1Password, and how you would use it? Our team is always looking to hear about new use cases and workflows that we haven't considered.

In the mean time, account owners or administrators can sign in at any time to suspend or delete guest accounts. See our guide to Share with guests in your team for details on adding and removing guests, plus some other useful information.

Let me know if you have any questions, and have a great weekend!

• amitvikram
    amitvikram
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Scott, thanks for your response. For guess access, an option to set expiration would be helpful - so it does not have to be manually managed. After the set duration, if guest access for the specified user expires, its automatic and it can be re-enabled or extended manually. One less thing to audit in that case. Thanks!

• @amitvikram,

I've just filed your helpful feature request and comments internally. Although I cannot promise this functionality will be added, this will help our development and product teams consider this and track further interest in the future. Thanks for taking the time to share this.

ref: IDEA-I-1900

• leedxw
    leedxw
    Community Member
    Options

I just came here to request the same thing. We give contractors guest access to vaults, but while we have a developed Offboarding procedure for staff members, the 1Password admins rely on someone raising a request to tell us that the contractor is no longer working for us. And this, it seems, doesn't always happen. It would be good, if we knew someone was on a one month contract, that we could set an auto-expiry date for access.

• Hello @leedxw,

Thanks for sharing your use case for automatically expiring guest accounts. I've added your voice to this feature request.

ref: IDEA-I-1900

• Naomi1
    Naomi1
    Community Member
    Options

@ScottS1P Also here to request the same thing (or similar). We would like to be able to set time limits (or expire dates) on a user's access to a certain Vault at time of providing access. These users may or may not be a guest user. Is that in the feature request? Thank you.

• ag_max
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hi @Naomi1, thanks for adding your input as well. I've shared your feedback for wanting to configure limits for both team members and guests alike with the rest of the team.

ref: IDEA-I-2138

This discussion has been closed.