To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Double access PC: master key or biometric recognition (with notification on smartphone)

jack6
jack6
Community Member
edited September 2022 in Memberships

the biometric key is present in the smartphone.
I ask to implement the biometric key also on a PC as an access to online banks. When starting the 1password program on a PC, double possibility: master key or biometric recognition with recognition on smartphone

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @jack6

the biometric key is present in the smartphone.
    I ask to implement the biometric key also on a PC as an access to online banks. When starting the 1password program on a PC, double possibility: master key or biometric recognition with recognition on smartphone

Could you let me know more about what you are requesting? Once I get a better idea, I will be glad to help!

I look forward to your response! :)

• wasteemu77
    wasteemu77
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

I think he wants the Desktop app to ask for a finger print or master password on his phone before entering his vault.

Theres probably a 2fa feature but fingerprint I dont know.

• jack6
    jack6
    Community Member

yes, when I open the 1password program on a pc, in addition to the alphanumeric key, also a fingerprint on a smartphone, it is much more convenient. A notification must arrive on the smartphone to enable the safe to be opened

• Hi @jack6 – 1Password won't accept a biometric input from any other device, like your phone if you're using your computer, because it could be tampered with or spoofed. If an attacker could create an app for their phone that could convince 1Password on your computer to unlock, that could cause some serious problems. Allowing a totally separate device to decide when 1Password should unlock or not is a big security risk; 1Password needs to completely trust the "yes/no" that it's receiving, so for that reason, it only supports alternative unlocking methods which are supported by the device's operating system, including:

• Touch ID or an Apple Watch on macOS
    • Face ID and Touch ID on iOS
    • Windows Hello (fingerprint, facial recognition, or a hardware key)
    • biometric unlock with fingerprint, face, or eyes on Android
    • system authentication on Linux

If you're using a Mac, you can turn on Touch ID if your Mac supports it, or use a paired Apple Watch to unlock 1Password on a supported Mac with a Secure Enclave:

On Windows, you can use Windows Hello, and all the unlock methods that provides:

Let me know if you have any questions about either of those and I'll be happy to help. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.