how to import the files contained in my "1Password.agilekeychain" folder

LaurelH
LaurelH
Community Member

I back up my 1Password app on my iPhone to DropBox. It backs up a "1Password.agilekeychain" folder full of '.1password' files with the updates. I used to be able to import this "1Password.agilekeychain" folder into the 1Password app I have on my Windows server, but now when I select "Import" in the Windows app it only seems to like a 1Password PUX or CSV file--when I try to import the "1Password.agilekeychain" folder, it doesn't work. How can I keep my 1 Password app on my Windows machine in sync with my iPhone app if I can't import the "1Password.agilekeychain" folder?

I'm really freaked about this, so I'd appreciate your help.
Thank you!
--Laurel Hale

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, v21H1
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to import the files contained in my "1Password.agilekeychain" folder

Comments

• Hello @LaurelH,

Thanks for your message. With a 1Password account, there is no need to back up your data. Any data saved to 1Password.com (or .ca.eu) will automatically appear across all devices signed in to an account.

If you're still dealing with some past data that wasn't migrated to your 1Password account, I've included some details here to help: Migrate your existing 1Password data from standalone vaults to a 1Password account

Should you continue to run in to troubles and would like some additional assistance, please reach out to us via email at support+forums@1Password.com so we can assist further. Thanks!

• LaurelH
    LaurelH
    Community Member

Thank you so much, Mike! I lost my technical advisor (my partner died of cancer) and I need to learn all this stuff. Thank you for your help. It means a lot to me to help me feel safe. :-) Laurel

• Hi again, @LaurelH!

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, but glad my message has helped to make you feel safe. 😀

If you are you able to sign in to 1Password.com and is all of your data present and accounted for, everything is already likely contained in your account vault. As a source of backup, we do recommend you confirm that you have a copy of your Emergency Kit downloaded and printed with your account password written in the space provided - so you'll always access to your account credentials.

If you need any other assistance, just let us know and we'll be happy to help!

• LaurelH
    LaurelH
    Community Member

Hi ag_mike_d,
    Yes, I do have my Emergency Kit downloaded.

I looked at this more closely. This is how I have been using 1Password. I bought the iPhone app (iOS) in 2013 or 2014. This iOS app is set up to sync with Dropbox.

Around 2016 or 2017, I also bought the Windows 1Password app for a Windows desktop computer. Currently, that computer is running Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. I paid my annual fee on February 14, 2022. So I am a valid customer.

Suddenly, the .1password files that have been backing up to Dropbox into a '1Password.agilekeychain' folder can no longer be imported into my 1Password app on my Windows workstation.

Consequently, I have no way to keep my iOS (iPhone) 1Password data in sync with my Windows Workstation 1Password data.

Then today, I noticed that I am running 1Password 8 on my Windows Workstation, but I am running 1Password 7 on my iOS iPhone. How do I resolve this so I can keep them in sync. Usually I add new passwords or make changes in my iOS version and then sync it via DropBox to my Windows app. (I do this by importing the latest files in the '1Password.agilekeychain' folder that DropBox syncs to my Windows Workstation.)

I'm assuming that the above process is no longer possible because you are no longer using .1password files in 1Password.agilekeychain folders for 1Password 8. Is that correct?

Can you help me get these synchronized so I can move forward? I would very much appreciate it. <3 <3 <3

I'm so sorry I'm seem to be such a luddite. :-(
    Sincerely,
    Laurel

• Hello again @LaurelH,

Thanks for getting back to me. It sounds like you are running a mixed setup between a 1Password account and standalone vaults on your Windows and iOS devices. We're happy to help get you up and running!

Can you send a 1Password diagnostics report via email to support+forum@1Password.com so we can help to investigate your setup and get you over to the appropriate team for assistance? Please do not post these details in the forums.

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/#1password-7

—Windows—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?windows

If you could also include a link to this thread and your forum handle, this will help us to "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.