Family account Privacy

MrsP
MrsP
Community Member

Does the manager of the family have access to everyone’s passwords? Or does each member have privacy with what passwords they share and don’t share?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @MrsP! 👋

Every family member has their own Private vault that only they have access to. The family organizer of a 1Password Families membership does not have the ability to look into another family member's Private vault.

You can read more about 1Password Families here: About 1Password Families

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

• MrsP
    MrsP
    Community Member

Thank you! We’ve had 1Password for about 10 years now. We paid a 1 time upgrade fee years ago but with the new 1Password 8 update, it seems that we have to do the subscription for full access. We were not sure if we should do the family membership or not and this was the determining factor. Your reply was very helpful!

• MrsP
    MrsP
    Community Member

@Dave_1P my husband got the single member subscription through his app on the iPhone last year. It seems, from other threads I’ve read, that you can’t upgrade to the family subscription from there. Can you guide us on how to do this.

• @MrsP

Thank you for the reply. If your husband purchased the subscription from inside of the 1Password app on his iPhone then I recommend sending an email to support@1Password.com so that our support team can help you and your husband change the individual account to a 1Password Families membership. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure that it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• MrsP
    MrsP
    Community Member

@Dave_1P thank you. I’ll get started on that and get back to you with the support ID.

Another question… Before we make the request, should we export our data from our current apps to make sure nothing is lost from either of our accounts when switching it over?

• @MrsP

Thank you for the reply. I recommend sending in an email that includes as much information as possible about how you and your husband are currently using 1Password. My colleagues will then be able to advise appropriately and guide you through the process step-by-step in the most efficient and easy way possible. 😊

-Dave

• MrsP
    MrsP
    Community Member

Hi @Dave_1P. I emailed and got a very generic and vague reply with pretty much the same info found on the website to log in and upgrade by clicking invite. And stating we’d need to cancel the subscription through Apple. No info on if cancelation needs to happen first and they did not answer whether we’d need yo create a back up and download everything prior to canceling the subscription.

Our support ID is [#ZAS-76377-318]

Do you mind helping us a bit?

• @MrsP – I can see you had an automatic reply from BitBot, and one of its human friends will be answering you as soon as they can to go into more specifics. We can't discuss account- or billing-related things here because it's in public, so keep an eye out from an email reply from us and we'll be with you as soon as possible. :)

• MrsP
    MrsP
    Community Member

@GreyM1P awesome. Thanks for the reply!

• @MrsP – Any time! We'll be here on the Community, or available by email, whenever you need us. 😁

This discussion has been closed.