Masterkey requiired after 2 weeks

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited September 2022 in iOS

Hi,
I use 1pw7 and 1pw8 and apps are up to date.
Masterkey is set on 2 weeks in the settings of 1pw8.
2 weeks have gone now, why there’s no message a masterkey is required.?Or did you reset the time limit since last update ?

By the way can you please answer my 2 reactions from last week?🙏🙏
One It is about the easy way passwords can accidentally be copied in 1pw8 and the other is about the missing option to charge the masterkey in 1pw8 (like in 1pw7)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• DJRiful
    DJRiful
    Community Member
    Options

Every 2 weeks is so annoying when I need to access my key in a pinch moment. Where is my Forever option? My iPhone is already biometrics locked, why another re-enter master password every 2 weeks?

It's just f******g annoying.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hi DJRiful
    You can change the settings in the menu of 1password. If you still have issues start a own nee topic please.
    @ 1password : please answer my question.👋

• Hi @DJRiful:

Thanks for your feedback. The default 2 week requirement was chosen to ensure that you remember your account password. It isn't possible to reset your account password, so we want to make sure that you remember it. With that in mind, it's possible to change the timer in Settings > Security > Require password. Let me know if that helps.

@F_9083x:

To confirm, you haven't entered your account password in 1Password 8 at all for the past 2 weeks, and you're still able to use Face ID or Touch ID to unlock 1Password 8? Let me know.

Jack

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack, I will wait a few days more to be sure that it was 2 weeks ago I changed the masterkey Setting “ required 2 weeks” is on in 1pw8. Let you know🙏

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

👋

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

You can close this topic. Password was required finally and I succeeded

• @F_9083x

I'm happy to hear that everything is working. As requested, I'm closing this thread. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.