The login nonsense is still a royal pain!

Options

I am going to bring this up one more time because it seems it was hand waved away the last time I brought it up, and has not gotten better on the latest release. I do not mind logging in to use 1Password. But I do mind being asked to log in EVERY TIME I use it and only a few seconds have passed. This is occasionally annoying in the Mac Safari web browsers, but even worse on iPhone iOS. I'll be asked for a password. I'm told to "press the 1Password icon in your Browser's tool bar." There is no icon in the tool bar. (You should know you are on iOS and put up a proper message.) So I tap in the username/email text field, and the keyboard pops up, and I see "Hide My Email" from Apple, and the small key for passwords. Pressing the key, I can now select 1Password. 1Password pops up, and I am asked to TYPE my Master Password. Not faceID, which I turned on, but type it. I do so. That "unlocks" 1Password, sort of, I can select the website, and it fills in the email or username. Then I have to hit next, like so many sites require today. Now I have to fill in the password. I repeat the steps above to get to 1Password, and once again, not more than 30 seconds later, I am once again asked to TYPE my Master Password. Didn't I just unlock it? This is not useful and very annoying. Especially if you have a very long master password. And again, why is FaceID not kicking in here at the least after logging in once?

I was told last time I complained about this it was because I was not logged into 1Password in the app. yea, but no, I tried it both logged in and not logged in. Made no difference most of the time, but why I am not sure.

Except: Sometimes, days after I have last used it, I will go to 1Password in the browser, and my faceID unlocks it. So 15 seconds later, no, but days later, it just unlocks?

There are similar behaviors on the Mac at times, where I am asked for my password (or finger print) each and every step. But not always. And again, 1Password the app and the browser extension require a password independently. Why?

So is there some magic handshake setting or some hidden or badly named setting that I still need to set to make this work as I would except it to? Namely, when I unlock once, it stay unlocked per my auto lock value in settings.

And please, at least give me the option of unlocking 1Password anywhere unlocks 1Password everywhere. I am sure there is a security issue there, but I am willing to take that risk (in a properly warned setting) so that I am not typing my very long Master Password all the time, over and over.

I bought 1Password to make handling passwords easy. This is not easy. It is frustrating.

Thank you

1Password Version: 8.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.6.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• IR69
    IR69
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem on the iPad. Constant prompts to unlock. I was told by support to use the Safari Extension and not AutoFill (blue button that appears at the bottom of the screen). Yeah - I didn't get this advice. I was able to reproduce this by unlocking 1P and filling my username and password and refreshing the page only for 1P to require unlocking again.

I want to unlock 1Password once, for it to unlock both the app and extension together, and for it to stay unlocked until I press the iPad power button to switch off the screen or the screen times out due to inactivity (5 mins for me). Being constantly prompted for a password and having to press the finger print icon before it will scan for a finger print, rather than being the default action, justs makes it a pain.

• MajorHavoc
    MajorHavoc
    Community Member
    Options

Exactly. Drives me crazy.

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem on Android. Have to unlock every single time (even if it's just a fingerprint read, but that's still a hassle when you need to fill multiple times in a row!)

This discussion has been closed.