Will 1Password 7 Continue To Function And Be Available From Purchases?

Options
pappjo
pappjo
Community Member

I’ve not migrated to version 8 at this time on my devices - iPhone 13 Pro Max and iPad Pro - since version 7 still works reliably and as expected with no issues. But it doesn’t seem logical to assume that both versions would continue as is. Will there be a time that people will have to migrate to 8? Any possible time frame for this?

1Password Version: 7.9.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 16.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

Can someone from 1P comment on this? I’m trying to determine whether there will be a firm date that 7 will either not be supported or cease to function altogether.Or will we be able to continue to use it long into the future?

• wlmorin55
    wlmorin55
    Community Member
    Options

Where can I download 1Password 7? I have cancelled my annual renewal because I hate version 8 and until my subscription is up I’d like use version 7.

• Hi @pappjo and @wlmorin55 – 1Password 7 is now discontinued and will only ever receive security-critical updates. If something changes in a future version of iOS or iPadOS means that it stops working, that won't be fixed, so it'll keep running as-is for as long as the operating system allows. If you've downloaded 1Password 7 on your iPhone or iPad before, you can find it in your "Purchased" section in the App Store. Use the "Not on this iPhone/iPad" toggle to help finding it.

We would always recommend using the latest version of both 1Password and iOS/iPadOS for the latest security updates. If there's something specific which is stopping you from using the latest version, we'd love to hear from you to help you out.

— Grey

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

What’s keeping me from using 8 so far is pretty much covered by many other posts on this forum. Seems like Face ID is the primary issue currently. I have no such issues with 7, we have 1Password account, and 7 offers everything that is needed. No functional issues on Safari in iOS.

My experience on my Mac, a 2013 MacBook Pro, with 1Password 8 was not acceptable because the 1Password for Safari extension caused a significant issue when launching Safari even though it functioned properly after initial launch. So I deleted the extension but kept the 8 desktop app since it functions essentially like 7 except without the Safari integration. That experience and the ongoing complaints of 8 in the iOS App Store as well as here have made me hesitate to install 8 on our devices.

I have to also answer to my wife when installing a new app that we both use. She’s never once complained to me about 7 either on her Mac, which is the same 2013 model, or any of her iOS devices. I’d like to keep it that way.

This discussion has been closed.