Add tags to existing accounts

ChuckBd
ChuckBd
Community Member

If I go into an account and click edit to add a tag to a previously existing entry, the (currently already existing) tag shows up in the account.

However, when I then go to the tags in the left column that account does not show up under the tag.

It happens no matter where I edit the item to add the tag. Windows browser extensions, 1Password online, Windows App, Android app. It is a bit frustrating.

Chuck

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ChuckBd
    ChuckBd
    Community Member

I am trying hard to understand why an issue as important as this has not had any response. 1Password removes the ability to add categories to a vault in preference to tags. A good move as tags are ultimately more utilitarian.

However, When you cannot add tags to existing entries and have them show up on the tags list on the right the value is diminished significantly.

Can someone please help me understand why this is not working properly for me and what I might be able to do to be able to use this feature.

Any and all help gratefully accepted

Chuck

• Hello @ChuckBd,

I'm sorry for the delay in response. I've been doing some testing of adding tags to existing items, but have been unable to reproduce the issue you're encountering with the login item not appearing under the tag in the left sidebar. I've included our guide here: Organize with favorites and tags.

If you are still having troubles, could you provide a list of the steps you've used to reproduce this behaviour as well as some screenshots to help us understand? When sending a screenshot, please be sure to redact any personal or private information.

Looking forward to your response.

This discussion has been closed.