Firefox Relay Integration with 1Password

Options
dylbohn
dylbohn
Community Member
edited November 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

The title pretty much says it all. It would be great to see 1Password integrate with Firefox Relay in the same way that it already does with Fastmail to be able to generate and save email masks for new logins seamlessly. Not sure how much would go into that, but I hope I'm not alone in that want!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_mike_d
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hello @dylbohn,

Thanks for your interest in a 1Password integration with Firefox Relay. We've seen some interest from other customers and I've included a +1 for you in this feature request we're tracking so the team is aware. 👍

ref: IDEA-I-233

• malacay1462
    malacay1462
    Community Member
    Options

Would love to see support for Firefox Relay in 1Password!

• Thanks, @malacay1462. I've added a +1 for you as well!

• AnonymousHero
    AnonymousHero
    Community Member
    Options

Firefox Relay is even more attractive now with its masked phone number feature.
    https://blog.mozilla.org/en/privacy-security/hide-your-phone-number-with-firefox-relay/

• Hello @AnonymousHero,

Thanks for passing along these details. I've cast a for vote on your behalf! 👍

• tmakaro
    tmakaro
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, please support Firefox relay! I don't want to migrate my email domain to fastmail.

• TaylorD1P
    TaylorD1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tmakaro

I have added your +1 to the request.

Thank you for your patience,

• darkmar
    darkmar
    Community Member
    Options

Would +1 this request. As someone migrating from LastPass after more than 10 years, this feature made me go back and forth. The 1password ease of use over Bitwarden won out for the family. If it was just me then this would have been the feature that would have made the decision for bitwarden over 1password

• Hello @darkmar,

Thanks for your request and using 1Password. I understand that the ease of use for your family has brought 1Password to the top of the list for you. I've noted your feedback about missing this functionality in 1Password and have sent your comments along to the Product team for consideration.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns. We're always here to help!

ref: 29960200

• iCraftCode
    iCraftCode
    Community Member
    Options

+1

I am a long-term paying 1Password customer for several years. However, being locked into 1 email vendor (in this case Fastmail) while other password managers like Bitwarden support many vendors for email aliases is a bit frustrating. I almost switched to Bitwarden today for only that reason. I am a Fastmail user too, but I do like to have several options. I hope that 1Password will implement this functionality (which shouldn't be too difficult since the developers can probably use much of the same code base) soon.

• Hello @iCraftCode,

Thanks for your +1 and request for Firefox Relay Integration with 1Password. I've included your details in the Insight we're tracking with the Product team.

ref: 29960200

• iCraftCode
    iCraftCode
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @ag_mike_d!

• Hi @iCraftCode! On behalf of my colleague Mike, you're very welcome, and thanks again for your feedback. If you have any further questions or concerns, let us know!😄

• n30e7qjog
    n30e7qjog
    Community Member
    Options

This would be an awesome feature especially since Firefox Relay already provides an API!

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @n30e7qjog, thanks for letting us know that you'd love to see this feature 😄 I've gone ahead and filed your feedback with our product team as well.

ref: 32611894

• clamb3r
    clamb3r
    Community Member
    Options

Another +1 from me.

I was excited about the initial Fastmail announcement, until I realised it involved managing an entirely separate email inbox. The alias approach of Relay is more useful for me personally and I think usage will increase over time with additions like SMS/phone masking too.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @clamb3r, thanks for adding your +1 here 😄 I can definitely understand how Relay could be more useful for you, and I've filed your feedback with our Product team as well.

ref: 33085242

• alistair3149
    alistair3149
    Community Member
    Options

Another +1 as well.

I really like using Relay to create alias for email and phone number. It would be great if there are some kind of integration with 1Password

• AliH1P
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hey @alistair3149, thanks for the +1. I've gone ahead and passed your request along to our Product team 👍

Ali

• looselyrigorous
    looselyrigorous
    Community Member
    Options

+1 from me as well.

• padillg
    padillg
    Community Member
    Options

It would be great if there are some kind of integration with 1Password

• AliH1P
    edited November 2023
    Options

Thanks for the +1's @looselyrigorous and @padillg, I've filed this with our product team.

Ali

PB-36662295 PB-36662425

• yilinjuang
    yilinjuang
    Community Member
    Options

+1. I'd love to use Firefox Relay with 1Password

• @yilinjuang

Thank you for the request! I've passed it along to the team. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-36900849

• dawe
    dawe
    Community Member
    Options

Any news here? Firefox Relay badly needed.

• @dawe

I don't have any news to share but I've let the team know that you'd like to see support for Firefox Relay added to 1Password in the browser. Thank you for the feedback. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-37311832

• ghairat
    ghairat
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, 1Password developers and team,
    As a long-time 1Password user, I recently looked into masking my "main" email address. I know that 1Password has integration with Fastmail, but I decided to choose Firefox Relay instead because of the more attractive price.

So please add support for Firefox Relay to 1Password

• @ghairat

Thank you for letting us know that you'd also like to see integration with Firefox Relay be introduced to 1Password. I've passed along your request to the team internally. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-37408208

• marcbull
    marcbull
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, please support Firefox relay! I don't want to migrate my domain to fastmail.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@marcbull

I've let the team know that you'd like to see this feature as well.

-Dave

ref: PB-38575027