1password still on my iPhone after 1password 8 was installed, is it ok to just delete the old one?

Options
Islandtraveler
Islandtraveler
Community Member

The iPhone goes to 1password 7 by default, if I just delete the old one will that be OK

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password 7 still on my iPhone after 1password 8 was installed

Comments

• Hi @Islandtraveler

If you're happy that you have everything you need in 1Password 8, then yes, you can remove 1Password 7. Make sure you also change over your autofill settings after you've removed 1Password 7 – this won't happen automatically. Here's what to do:

1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Make sure that:
    • AutoFill Passwords is turned on
    • 1Password is checked
    • all others, especially Keychain, are unchecked.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help. :)

— Grey

• Islandtraveler
    Islandtraveler
    Community Member
    Options

Now that was the clue I needed!! THANK YOU ! I got the info to yes go ahead and delete BUT it didn't work as before? This was the missing link!

• @Islandtraveler

Glad to hear that was helpful! If you need any help with 1Password at any time, feel free to ask. 😁

• Dee68
    Dee68
    Community Member
    Options

I’m having trouble finding Passwords > Password Options.
    This is what I see in Settings:

And only these options:

• @Dee68

You'll need to open the ⚙️ Settings app for your iPhone, rather than the Settings tab in 1Password, to find your iPhone's autofill settings.

Then you'll be able to tap Passwords > Password Options, and follow along with step 3. Let me know if you need any further help.

• MTijbout
    MTijbout
    Community Member
    Options

I would strongly urge you to test 1Password8 before removing 1Password7 from your IOS device. Not sure it is easy to go back to 1pw7 once you've removed it.

The search functionality in general on 1Password8 has changed in such a way that with limited (i.e. small screen) estate to show information and select options/filters, for me it is terrible to find what I need. The AI suggestions are not intelligent enough to satisfy my needs and have to always go around the suggestions and dig deeper to find what I need. Ergo have to do more actions to get to where I need to be compared to 1pw7. Not only on IOS but also on my Mac.
    When on the road and I need for example the PIN to my corporate credit card, it is only accessible with ease in 1pw7. Most likely because the information is stored in the "Credit Cards" type of record, which the AI does not find it important enough to show when I type the cards vendor name in the search box...

Of course I also use this comment to vent my feedback to the great developers of 1Password. I am a long time fan and will continue to be (for now). Having over 1500 items of all categories stored to search through, with the renewed search functionality, I do want to vent that you put a big dent in your imago/reputation for me.

This discussion has been closed.