To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Where are my passwords stored?

Options
pjdanderson
pjdanderson
Community Member
edited September 2022 in Memberships

Can you tell me where my passwords are stored (what country)? I'm a Canadian user and would prefer that they were stored in Canada if possible. When I set up 1Password there seemed to be two "Our Family" accounts, one with a Canadian flag and one without. Is there a difference?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:where are my passwords stored

Comments

• Hi @pjdanderson

If you have a 1Password.com account, your data will be stored within the United States. For 1Password.ca, it's Canada, and for 1Password.eu it's Germany.

It's possible to change your region by following the instructions here: 1Password in your region. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have about this. :)

— Grey

• pjdanderson
    pjdanderson
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response. I opened a ticket with support and they've been very helpful as well. I hadn't realized during startup that there was a difference between 1password.com, .ca, .eu . Having figured that out, sailing is smoother new.

• @pjdanderson – Great! If you need any help with 1Password, please do ask.

• pjdanderson
    pjdanderson
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I will. So far the support has been impressive.

• @pjdanderson

Thank you for the kind words about our support! I'm happy to hear that the team is helping and I'll close this thread since the conversation is ongoing over email. 🙂

ref: AFL-32642-233

This discussion has been closed.