Hate the new 1Password for Mac! Save Password and Autofill issues

Options
thomamon23
thomamon23
Community Member
edited September 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

While I am loving the new 1password for my iPhone, the MacOS version is absolutely terrible.

For example I had to reset my password for this site and when I tried to do it, no option came up to suggest a password to use or to save it when I put one in manually.

Also, the new menu on autofill is horrendous. When Trying to sign into accounts and hitting the shortcut to autofill, there is no way to see which is which when I have multiple passwords for the the same site like there use to be.

I hope they fix this soon, I am going back to 7.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @thomamon23 – sorry to hear you've had problems with 1Password 8 so far.

To double-check, have you installed the current version of the 1Password browser extension? You can find each of them for all supported browsers here:

Get started with 1Password in your browser

If so, make sure you remove any old versions of the extension, particularly if the name includes (desktop app required). Then see if that makes a difference for you.

Should you still have trouble, would you be able to post a screenshot of what you're seeing? 🔍👀 Check that no personal information such as any passwords, your credit card number, Secret Key or account password are visible in the screenshot. I look forward to hearing from you.

— Grey

• jerseyshawn
    jerseyshawn
    Community Member
    Options

same issues, its awful.

• aceeare
    aceeare
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any way to downgrade back to Password 7? I hate this new autofill. It's overriding the autofill I use in my keychain, even for my address when filling out forms. The Password Icon is overtop my Safari drop down icon and I can't get rid of it. I merely want to autofill my address, phone, etc. but it opens 1Password and gets it all wrong. This new platform is horrible. Also, how can I see a list of my logins alphabetically like in older versions?

• HLKeziah
    HLKeziah
    Community Member
    Options

I also hate hate HATE the new version. The autofill popup is useless. How do I quickly create and fill a new login while on a signup form?? It used to be obvious. Now I don't have a clue. Do I open the full 1password app, create a password, copy it, then paste it into the signup form??

I enjoyed v7. It was easy to use and did exactly what I needed. I've tried getting used to v8+, if I can still do everything I could before I don't know how. And I'm not about to scour for help to find out how to do something I could do easily before. Now, after using 1password for years, I'm looking for a replacement.

This discussion has been closed.