Where is the password generator for 1P8 on the iOS App?

BenBob
BenBob
Community Member

I can not figure out how to generate a new password in the iPhone iOS aPP

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MAC IOS
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Where is the password generator for 1P8 on the iOS App?

Comments

• Hello @BenBob! 👋

The best way to generate new passwords on iOS is to use Password AutoFill to save and then fill your new password. First make sure that AutoFill is setup to work with 1Password on your device:

1. On the Home screen of your device, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > AutoFill Passwords.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.

Next use this guide to save a login for a website in 1Password: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

You can also find a password generator in 1Password for Safari: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

I hope that helps! 😊

• BenBob
    BenBob
    Community Member

Thanks Dave - I did have AutoFill set up. I'll be sure to use the other articles you provided.

• @BenBob

I'm happy to help. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions. 😊

• BenBob
    BenBob
    Community Member

It may be a little late on this continuing thread, but I still can not figure out how to generate a password on the iOS app - not trying to do it for a website - just want to generate a password and copy it so I can set up a new app password. Thanks

• Dave_1P
    edited September 2022

@BenBob

Thank you for the reply. Can you try the steps in this article: Use the password generator to change and strengthen your passwords

If you get stuck then let me know where things aren't working and I would be happy to help further. 🙂

• BenBob
    BenBob
    Community Member

Thanks Dave - I am still not figuring it out so let me explain further. I download a new app for my phone and have to create an account login and password on the app (not a website). So I want to be able to use the 1P password generator to create a new password and copy it and then paste into the app. Currently what I do in these situations is create an account with a short password, then I go on my computer and Safari and generate a unique password with 1P, copy and then go back to my app and login and change the password. Is there anyway to do this?

• @BenBob

You can use the autofill pop-up that appears when you tap the "🔑 Passwords" button on the keyboard in a Password field to do this, without leaving that app, and without using your computer. Here's what to do:

1. Open the new app in question to its sign-up page.
    2. Tap the Password field and tap the "🔑 Passwords" button on the keyboard. You won't see any suggested items yet.
    3. Tap the + plus icon in the bottom-right corner.
    4. Enter your username in the Username field.
    5. Tap the Password field, then "Generate a New Password".
    6. Adjust the settings for the password generator if you want to, then tap Use.
    7. When you have a username and password entered in the new item, tap "Save & Fill" in the top-right corner.
    8. Your new details will be autofilled for you.

There's an example of this process here: Use 1Password to fill and save in apps and browsers on your iPhone and iPad — Save or create a new login.

Give it a go and let me know if you run into any trouble.

• BenBob
    BenBob
    Community Member

Thanks so much GreyM1P! I'kk try that next time I need to do a new app!

• @BenBob Great! It can take a little getting used to, tapping the "🔑 Passwords" button when you know you don't already have one, but with a bit of practice, it'll become second nature. 😁

This discussion has been closed.